Video Clips On The ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Bulldog3777

Bulldog3777 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a media player that will allow you to view video clips from the Iphone on the Eris? My son has the Iphone . He can view my videos sent by email but I cannot view his sent to me.

Advertisement
  2. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

3. Bulldog3777

My question is, how do you put an app like this on your Eris? I downloaded the application but not sure what to do with it next.

4. superchaos

I think you go to your programs page and tap the Luk icon. It will ask you to sign in with the username and password you made and then a menu pops up for Network Media, SD Card Media, and Help Info

Select the SD Card Media and you should see all of your videos you have saved on your card. Long press a file and it should play.

5. Bulldog3777

How do I get it onto the Eris phone. If you use HTC sync, I have given up on that. I downloaded the HTC sync to my Windows 7 computer and downloaded the HTC sync. Connected the phone and cannot get it to connect.

6. superchaos

Visit the site through your Eris browser. Download it to the phone from the web site through the phone's browser. Make sure the file type you are trying to view is listed in the supported file types.

7. Bulldog3777

I downloaded it. Clicked on it and chose SD Media. The only video that show are two that I had on the card from the Eris. Hit menu, then scan and nothing happened. I deleted the two videos from the Eris but it still shows them. Mounted the SD card and the two videos are not there. The quicktime video I put on the card was there but does not show up on Lukluk. Turned the phone off and back on. Same two videos I deleted was showing up and played, the quicktime does not show. Did the scan and nothing.

8. superchaos

What format are the videos? Sorry, I never had an iphone

9. Bulldog3777

Quicktime.

10. superchaos

Looks like a codec is needed. Just like when you play a mov file on windows for the first time and have to download a codec to convert it.

Looks like you will have to use a program like videora ipod converter on a computer then load them on your sd card which is impractical.

11. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Not trying to be an ass, but quicktime is not really a video format. Look at the file itself and use the letters/numbers after the period to determine what file format it is in. You can then take that format type and do a search on a site like Androlib.com to find a compatible video player for it. For example, if the file reads as someiphonemovie.mov then you would want to search Androlib.com for .mov (you can try that one without the period, but I have a feeling you will get a ton of results with movie, move, etc in it). If the file simply has .mp4 at then end then you should be able to play it with the default video player (found in the Albums program). There are exceptions, but not many.

Hope that helps.

12. Bulldog3777

You are not being an ass. I appreciate your explanation. It says MOV at the end of the file name.

13. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

In that case, I would start here.

14. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I just got an Eris, and I downloaded Astro to manage my folders. I loaded some 3gp videos on my sd card. When I locate the files through Astro and try to open them, I get an error message that says "File type 3gp not found". But when I open one of the files by clicking on "Albums," it plays with no problem.