1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Video Converting in Linux

1. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

With the Tattoo not supporting a great lot of video codecs I am finding I have to convert a lot of videos for use on the phone. I have always used Handbrake with no issues as Handbrake 0.93 had presets for phones. Unfortuantely Handbrake 0.93 is not usable with Ubuntu 9.10, so I have upgraded to Handbrake 0.94, which does not have the phone presets in.

Does anybody have a preset set up for handbrake that they could post on here? Or a suggestion for a program that works in Ubuntu 9.10?

Advertisement
  2. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

Download mobile media convertor from milksoft google it there is a .deb for ubuntu
  3. milkyway

milkyway Member

You could try Wondershare Video Converter Platinum, which now upgrade to support HTC Hero/Dream/Magic/Droid Eris or Motorola Droid.
  4. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

this works a treat, thanks for the advice! :D