Video crashes phone after a few secondsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Entropy1024

Entropy1024 Member This Topic's Starter

Before I upgraded to Froyo my HTC Desire camcorder function worked fine.

After the update it crashes after a few seconds of recording video. I have tried all the resolutions for record but they all crash the phone.

I did read that sometimes formatting the SD card helps, but I have don't that and used a different SD card and the problem is still there.

Any help greatly received.
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. dwaindibbley65

dwaindibbley65 New Member

Hi Entropy, This may be too late for you but maybe others will benefit from the solution I found. I found the answer was to do with the Version of Radio player was too old and also needed to be updated.

At first I read that my SD Micro was too slow and I needed a class 6. When I bought a class 6 it made no difference.

As my Desire is Rooted I tried installing numerous, different, Custom ROM's and it didn't help, I never bothered with updating the radio as I simply don't use it. Then I then noticed that the camera is linked in some way to the radio, perhaps it is a logic array config or separate CPU. Anyway, I downloaded the latest Radio from XDA developers here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687464 and it solved my problem.
    Remember my phone is rooted so you won't be able to Add a new radio from that link if yours is not you will need another solution to upgrade the radio.