1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Video editing app?

1. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Member

I know the iPhone has one built in but has anyone found anything for the Droid? I wanted to upload some videos but I'd first need to trim off the first two seconds. I've searched around here on the forums but sadly I couldn't find anything. I'm really hoping that there is something out there.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jef

Jef Active Member

I to have been looking for this. So far PicSay Pro is my favorite photo editor, but nothing for video.

I want to be able to take high quality video, and splice out a section to send via MMS if I need.
  3. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Member

Yes that is great for pictures!

Sometimes with my camera I like to do personal videos such as of myself reviewing different things. But because I have to myself start and stop the actual video then the first two seconds and last two or three are weird, ya know? I was just hoping to find something where I could edit that out and then do a direct upload.
  4. mandymarie08

mandymarie08 New Member

is there an app on the droid to edit videos, like how you can on the env touch?
  5. XGC Driver

XGC Driver New Member

I'm bumping this up to the front because I too am looking for a video editor.
    If I knew how to rip the Apple program I would.
    Thanks for any help!
  6. Gonkutron3000

Gonkutron3000 Well-Known Member

Has anyone come across an app that allows some simple video editing?
  7. madsmurf

madsmurf New Member

I second that... the bump that is. Nothin like reviving some old school posts with a good bump to start the day ;)

Seriously though, if there is some excellent video editing app on android on the Market or off the Market, I would love to know about it as well. Something carbon copying the iphone4 one would be spiffy, or anything really, to slice vids up and upload em to wordpress right from the phone in FLV or something...

Thanks much!
  8. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

That would be a useful feature but I have taken a look and there doesn't seem to be anything that can do that yet.
  9. rhi

rhi Member

Anyone know of an app that does colour picking like on the iPhone? When you have a black and white photo but you can choose to colour parts of it?
  10. madsmurf

madsmurf New Member

Yeah... no worries... I just figured I'd bump this old post and see if anyone knew of one. I have looked around a bit, perhaps I will refine some Google search action later tonight ;)

Just found it odd that there wasn't a real good video editing app for right on the phone with all these new phones popping up with decent cameras and such. The 5mp cam on my Samsung Epic takes beautiful pics and the 720p vids are quite usable. I would just love to have something while out on the road to do a quick edit and upload to wherever it needs to go rather than having to wait till I get home or back to the office to do so.

So if anyone else has the answers to our video editing dreams out there... please chime in, thanks ;)
  11. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

12. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

13. madsmurf

madsmurf New Member

Yeah, funny enough... 720p wasn't that big a deal to me till I got a phone that can pull it off with decent quality goodness. Thanks a LOT for that link though. I will deffinately keep an eye on the progress there... that rocks!

And I seriously would have to bet on some real nice video editing apps coming out within the next year anywho, just thought I would ask as well. With all the new hardware coming out on some insanely awesome Android phones as well as 2.2 getting more and more popular let alone 3.0 around the corner, one day we should have the pick of the litter on most any app.
  14. CreativeSoul

CreativeSoul New Member

I just purchased my Droid X and was surprised to see that there are no video editing apps on the market for this phone like the iPhone and iPod Touch. I did find a helpful video tutorial on Youtube from the lovely and talented Ann Spade which shows how to do basic video editing with the Droid X: Droid X Video Recording & Editing (Tutorial)

I hope this helps until someone until there's a good video editing app available! :D
  15. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

CreativeSoul likes this.
  16. CreativeSoul

CreativeSoul New Member

17. hellcatt

hellcatt Well-Known Member

to bad theres no trial. 24 hours isnt enough for me
  18. missin44

missin44 Member

VidTrim looks ok, not great but OK
  19. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

The current apps seem to be limited to either trimming video or extracting audio from it.
    As phones become more powerful, I'm sure better video editing apps will appear in Market.
    For now, it is better to move the videos to PC and do all the editing there.
  20. sbstreater

sbstreater Active Member

You could try my app - "Clesh". It's a full frame accurate Cloud-based video editor based on the pro version FORscene. You can shoot / edit / publish your videos on Android 2.2 or above and/or in a browser on a desktop with Java. There is a free trial of the web version at clesh.com - or you can risk all (well $5!) and go straight for the Android app.

Help available via the built in chat system - but read the Market description first if you don't know what the Cloud is.