• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help video from SD adapter

jlb0305

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
I am trying to decide between the Toshiba Thrive or the Galaxy.

I like the Galaxy size, display, and battery life over the Thrive, but I like the Thrive replaceable battery and ports.

I really wanted to know, if i get the Galaxy, can I watch videos directly from an SD card in the adapter?

I was originally gonna get the Toshiba thrive for the ports (SD and HDMI) but I like the screen, size, and non bulky charger on the Galaxy and it seems with the galaxy being more popular that it will have better 3rd party and future support (after market battery replacement in a few years).

Has anyone tried the aftermarket SD/USB/HDMI that are a cable with dock connector instead of a bulky samsung adapter. Just thinking watching from an SD card using the aftermarket cable may be a little easier to hold/leave in a case for viewing angle. Especially if I can find one that has a right angle connection. so that the cable coming off the dock connector is on the side (I used to have a few ipod adapters like that)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones