1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

video from SD adapterSupport

1. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

I am trying to decide between the Toshiba Thrive or the Galaxy.

I like the Galaxy size, display, and battery life over the Thrive, but I like the Thrive replaceable battery and ports.

I really wanted to know, if i get the Galaxy, can I watch videos directly from an SD card in the adapter?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I do that from the USB adapter all the time. It is not super comfortable as you have to hold the tab so that it does not break the adapter, but it is ok.
  3. jlb0305

I was originally gonna get the Toshiba thrive for the ports (SD and HDMI) but I like the screen, size, and non bulky charger on the Galaxy and it seems with the galaxy being more popular that it will have better 3rd party and future support (after market battery replacement in a few years).

Has anyone tried the aftermarket SD/USB/HDMI that are a cable with dock connector instead of a bulky samsung adapter. Just thinking watching from an SD card using the aftermarket cable may be a little easier to hold/leave in a case for viewing angle. Especially if I can find one that has a right angle connection. so that the cable coming off the dock connector is on the side (I used to have a few ipod adapters like that)
  4. jlb0305

so no one is using the 3rd party adapters?
  5. Doobie2

Doobie2 Member

I use a 3rd party adaptor you connect directly to the socket on the tab 10.1. You then insert yout usb flash drive. It also comes with the same tipe of.adaptor that takes an sd card. Im not sure what you are asking.