[VIDEO] Google Nexus 7 - Camera Test & ReviewTips

Last Updated:

1. reverendkjr

reverendkjr Member This Topic's Starter

Google Nexus 7 - Camera Test & Review - YouTube

This video is a compilation of video and photos done at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens. The intention of this video is to demonstrate the photo and video capabilities of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet. The videos and photos are untouched and pure. I uploaded this video with the highest resolution so as to not reduce the resolution at all.

Advertisement
    am_beagle, Atma and stridermt2k like this.
  2. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

I stopped watching after you asked the question somewhere between:30 and :40. Yes, you could enter a stock Tata into a drag race but why? (You could even enter a pair of Tatas in a race but that's a different conversation. :p) Because it has an engine, transmission and wheels? Not really a good enough reason. Could you use it for what it is intended for? Of course.

3. reverendkjr

If you don't like the video, then you are not the target audience.:D

4. dan4877

dan4877 New Member

Seems like a decent picture... strange video but uh... haha. Doesn't seem to be any better than the video on my iphone...

5. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Is there really a target audience for such a thing?!? o_O

6. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

Count me as one of the target audience.
    I wouldn't have thought to play with the camera in my Nexus 7 like the good Reverend did, let alone thinking about sharing my findings online!

I think a video like this answers a lot of questions folks might have about what the camera can do, especially if they aren't familiar with a tablet that has a front-facing camera.

Not only that but the video took the camera outside of its pattern of "normal" usage and gave it a work out as a real camera.

This is a place for enthusiasts. Enthusiasts explore.

You can criticize from the sidelines all you like, but this guy is doing real stuff.
    I applaud it, and encourage more of this kind of information sharing.

It's why I'm here.

am_beagle likes this.
  7. reverendkjr

Nice to have someone appreciate my work.

8. brinraeven

brinraeven Member

My main concern with not having the camera on the opposite side is that there are multiple apps that utilize the camera for bar codes and such. Also, I like to take photo notes of lots of things, as I often find them more useful than text notes. However, I do have my android phone that does those things, so maybe not such a concern?

9. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

The nice thing about the discreet 7" size is that when Nexus 7 II comes out with a rear camera (in my dreams), no one will look too dumb using it.
    Yeah, I would use it for qr codes. Airdroid uses qr and it's the world's laziest login, LOL.