Video Guide: How to root Samsung Moment, And add WiFi Hotspot + Themes

Last Updated:

1. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    MannyrtFresh likes this.
  2. VDub2174

VDub2174 Member

Gonna watch this when I get home. Been looking to practice rooting on my Moment before I try it on my EVO.

3. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

I'm watching this right now and following the steps. Does it matter that the folder I made from SDX isn't a rar folder like in the video. It's a zip folder.

4. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

I've never used a .rar file to install anything. Yes the .zip will work fine :D.

5. K-Rizzle

It kept telling me that it couldn't accept the binary file. I wanted to use my custom one, but I had to use the one from the video. :(

Ok, going to have to try again, that one didn't remove any of the sprint apps I wanted gone. :(

6. dntesinfrno

Sounds like you are trying to install the .zip from the sprint updater, which can only flash .tar files. The .zip goes on the root of the sdcard (unless your using recovery 3.1.1 then it goes in /sdcard/sdx/zip). To get into recovery turn the phone of then press and hold in this order....vol. down + answer call (green) + end call (red). Once in recovery select apply. zip option and select your .zip file by name. Press Home to confirm install then reboot once done.

7. K-Rizzle

I'm so confused, I want to cry. Now what do I do since I already have the one from the video on there. Do i have to go back to the original 2.1 software first before attempting to install the SDX one?

8. dntesinfrno

No, i haven't watched the video but im assuming its just a kernel that you flashed. Kernels can be replaced anytime, there can only be 1 running at a time and they just replace the previous kernel when you install a new one. Just drop the .zip you made on the sdcard and install it from recovery. To verify which kernel you are currently running browse to menu>about phone...under build number will be the kernel currently installed.

9. K-Rizzle