• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [VIDEO GUIDE] Test Mode/No service fix (# to Hidden Menu)

Thank you Brainz. I tried downloading the file on the first page
"-LGPNST- Dev-Host - LGPNST.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service"
I am able to successfully install the first two, then the third won't. I tried with User Controlled On and Off, same thing.
I simply turned it off the second time with out uninstalling it, should I uninstall it and then try again with UC off?

I get "Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run."

Upvote 0
Oh, ok, Let me explain better. I downloaded the LGPNST package from the first page. Inside it it has several folders, One says 'Install me 1st', then the second says 'Install me 2nd' I can install those just fine. However when I get to the folder 'Install me 3rd' and I try to install the file 'LGNPST_Components_Ver_5_0_12_0.msi' within the folder I get "Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run."

I've downloaded the LGNPST package twice to see if it was a bad download but till get the same error message.

Upvote 0
Make sure there is nothing running in the background on your PC. Turn off all firewalls, antivirus programs, etc.....

I've never seen anyone have issues installing the LG files. Especially getting 2 installed and having trouble with the 3rd. If all else fails, uninstall whatever you can, reboot and try again and see if you get a different result.

Upvote 0
I've tried to download the "Lg repair test mode.rar" like about 6 times and it keeps saying its a virus and deletes the content from the computer. My phone has service again but test mode is still activated so i cant manually program it. Any suggestions, if I could just get that file to download and extract to my desktop id be good to go, but when i try to extract it, it says its a virus..
???

Upvote 0
Great Guide, but there is a problem on my end. My menu's need to be resized. I attached a pic.

Attachments

• Messed up menu's.png
    Messed up menu's.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
O ok you said just the first one was a problem but it is a problem its 2 or more screens . What windows version and did you try to uninstall and reinstalling with user control off .also what framework is your pc/laptop

Ya the second screen is the real problem because i cant see the write button to edit phone number. I am on windows 7 and UAC is off. and net framework 4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones