[VIDEO GUIDE] Test Mode/No service fix (# to Hidden Menu)

Last Updated:

1. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Looks good:thumbup:
    :thumbup:Nice write up brother:cool:
    Hope nobody has to use it LOL Ya know!?

Advertisement
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

What Biggie!
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I really hope no one has to use it. Haha
  4. Fuzzy13

I'm seeing more and more people on various forums having test mode problems.

If we knew what the "fix" actually fixed then maybe we could start a synopsis on how it begins and what causes it for the ones that happen for no reason.

Someone pull the exe apart and see what it actually does.
  5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

reason this may be happening to peoples phone is due to lgnpst some have flash the tot file using the lab version and not the store version, but also when it happen to me i use the lab version and went straight to Test Mode, but with store version the flash went well.

This is a heads up for why peoples get stuck in Test Mode. ;)
  6. Fuzzy13

Most of the ones I'm seeing lately are happening for no reason. Phone will freeze and after you pull the battery and boot back up, its in test mode.

I know lgpnst will do it cause that's also what happened to me. Shit sucks
    dden4012 likes this.
  7. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

store version wouldnt work for me ;)
  8. Fuzzy13

Also just so the noobs that love to tweak things they don't know about know, that LGPNST is not something to play with and do "kewl" things. So once your in there, follow the guide and get out. Don't F with shit because you will be right back here with a thread usually titled "HELPPP!!!!!!".

Have a good day :D
    Johnny Crapple likes this.
  9. Shiftsj

Shiftsj Member

Really thankful for this thread and the guide was rather easy to follow but I still haven't fixed the problem. I'm out of test mode but still have no service, although I have bars and my 4g works fine. Can't send/receive texts or calls. Using prl 3029. My phone number shows up under phone status as well as MIN.

Just for clarity, is your ten-digit phone number supposed to be in the values for both NAM Name and Mobile Directory Number (MDN)? The guide doesn't mention MDN but it's being pointed to in the screenshot, or maybe I just read it wrong. Is Nam1 and Nam2 supposed to be MIN1 and MIN2 in the screenshot too? I just don't want to mess anything up ><.
  10. Fuzzy13

MDN is your 10 digit phone number. I mis typeded and entered NAM. Nothing goes in NAM Name.

Then MIN1 is your 7 digit # minus area code and MIN2 is your area code.

Glad you asked that because it was an error. This should get you fixed. Report back and let me know. Glad your working thus far. ;)
  11. Shiftsj

Shiftsj Member

Okay I left NAM Name blank and tried again, still doesn't work :confused:.

Last night before even posting on here I hit the Undo button thinking it would undo any editing I made and I'm not really sure what it did, so I might have messed something up there ><.

An image of what everything looks like should be attached. Is Value 2 next to MIN1 and MIN2 supposed to look like that or be a repeat of what was in value 1?

Thanks very much for the help :D

Attached Files:

12. Fuzzy13

Okay so what is NOT working on your phone?

Under phone settings is your number listed. Is your prl listed?
    jeny2022 likes this.
  13. Shiftsj

Shiftsj Member

Unable to send/receive calls or text even though it shows me having bars. Both my phone number and prl are listed under phone info
  14. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

How about your spc number?
  15. Shiftsj

Shiftsj Member

Would that be under phone info? If so I don't see it
  16. Fuzzy13

Spc isn't listed anywhere. That's the code used to get into lgpnst. Converted meid

Don't confuse the man. Lol
  17. Fuzzy13

If the info is there then the phone should be working.

Try pushing a prl to the phone anyway and re enter your info and push it in lgpnst.

Something is off somewhere
  18. Shiftsj

Shiftsj Member

Re-entered the info and did the prl thing again, still didn't work ><
  19. Fuzzy13

I really don't know. Never seen this before.

Try ##626* then 587846 for the code. Make sure your min is your phone number.

Try your spc if its not under that code
  20. Shiftsj

Shiftsj Member

Phone number showed up just fine when I did that so not sure what it could be :(

"Your phone is not authorized for service at this time" is what I'm getting when I try to make any calls.

Under phone info it also says Mobile Network State is Disconnected.

Don't know if any of that information is relevant but I tried :confused:.
  21. Fuzzy13

It sounds like you have no service. Call metro and tell them you have no service. The phone might need to be put back on the network. Udk. Worth a shot
  22. Fuzzy13

Can you call me?
  23. Fuzzy13

Aight dude the window for me helping you on the phone has closed but this is what I found out for you.

2 things are happening here. 1. Your MIN is NOT your phone number which apparently is the case for some people. Call Metro PCS and tell them to give you your MIN#. If it's NOT your phone number then you know that was your problem.

2. Your phone is stuck in roaming.

Found this

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-titan/46887-metropcs-people-roaming-problem-not-authorized-fixed.html

Ill be on here off and on. I'm determined to get your ish fixed. lol
    Shiftsj likes this.
  24. Shiftsj

Shiftsj Member

Sorry about that, had a few finals today ><. So I should hit up Metro PCS and just ask for my MIN? I'll give it a shot and get back to ya on here soon.

Truly appreciate all the help :)
  25. Fuzzy13

No problem. yeah I would try that. I always thought the MIN was the same as your phone number. Mine is. But apparently thats not always the case.

Do you have a roaming signal on your phone now?