Video hub xmas offer?General

1. Liam548

Liam548 Well-Known Member

Now I have updated video hub it said there was a seasonal offer a free voucher and I tried to use it but it cost me full price. In fact it is not clear what you get for the offer or how to use it anymore else know anything about it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

I emailed Samsung; useless as usual. They told me that the voucher should be under payment methods, where my card details are. There is nothing there. So, I have emailed them again. Will let you know if they come back with anything useful
  3. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

The vouchers are only for select TV shows/movies. You cannot use it for everything in the Hub. This is where I hate inconsistency. In my Note 10.1, it shows a 'Voucher Zone' that lists the titles you can use the vouchers on. The Note 2 does not have this category.

I got 2 x $20 vouchers when I accessed the Hub on my Note 2 and Note 10.1. You can manage up to 5 devices. So I can assume you can get $100 in vouchers if you have that many devices tied into the same account. I've already redeemed them with some cents left.
  4. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

How do I sign up for it?
  5. NeoGrandizer

The Video Hub uses your Samsung account. Log in to your Samsung account and the vouchers are attached to that account automatically. You will also get email notification of the promo.
  6. chasers

Is this for UK customers or no? Because I didn't get any messages in email nor when I signed into my Samsung account
  7. NeoGrandizer

Odd, I'm in Canada and got it without any fuss. I just accessed the hub (which prompted me to update it) and got a welcome screen promo. I think the update is required to get the promo. Did it for both my Note 2 and 10.1.

The only issue I had was finding titles allowing for the vouchers to be used. In which case, I used my Note 10.1 to look up and purchase.
  8. chasers

You went into media hub? Shoot I didn't get any notification to update. So odd
  9. NeoGrandizer

Media hub? I actually have Video Hub (as well as other hubs). Maybe that's the difference with the US version. Probably region specific as you stated earlier.
  10. chasers

Yeah the states version has videos/games/apps all into one. Weird how music hub is a separate app from media hub