• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[VIDEO] i897 Boot Screen Replacement Tutorial

This is a VIDEO tutorial to describe to users how to replace your i897 based ROM's boot screen.

This video is in my opinion the easiest way currently available to perform the MOD. I went with what I felt was the most direct path and tried to focus on simplistic steps. Thank you for watching and good luck!

Also MODS feel free to move this anywhere you like or remove if something seems unsuitable. DEVS, you may use this video in any FAQs and I give whomever want's permission to embed this video. If possible try to credit my username or youtube name if using the clips as well as my donate link.

Thanks!

I DO RECOMMEND TO WATCH THE ENTIRE PROCESS BEFORE MODIFYING YOUR DEVICE.

i897 Boot Package Download is HERE...

Follow this video I made for i9000 steps. It's the EXACT same process just use the i897 files instead. In the i897 package, remember there are different scripts depending on whether you are working with 2.1 or 2.2 based Captivate ROMs.

Be sure to SUBSCRIBE!!!

Also, check out my CHANNEL on YouTube...

Thanks to sasovics for the hints on binary based editing for LFS partitions that helped me develop this solution for the i897 ROMs.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones