Video IN (not out) for the Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. below_radar_00

below_radar_00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 2, 2010
    Okay I have a crazy idea and I'm wondering if there's any way to pull it off. Let me start first by saying that I own a photography business and I specialize in real estate photography. I wanted to get into the aerial photography business this year and found a way to do aerial photography without an airplane or helicopter. It's called PAP, pole aerial photography. Basically you stick a point and shoot camera at the top of a 20 foot pole and snap shots with it. I didn't want to go shooting blindly though so I bought a little casio handheld TV for 20 bucks on eBay and I ran the video out cable from my point and shoot to the TV so I can see the live view feed on the ground of what the camera is seeing in the air. Problem is the little casio produces a crappy picture. I can make out the house but that's about it. I want some clearer but I don't want to go spending money for another TV. Then I thought, I have a very beautiful Droid Incredible and I wonder if there's a way to use it to see what my camera is seeing on the pole. So there's two options: video input on my phone, which it doesn't have to my knowledge...feel free to chime in here. Or putting some sort of wireless receiver at the top of the pole that transmits the video down to my phone. Anybody have any ideas of a cheap (less than $100, pref less than $50) solution for me to use my phone as a video monitor?