Video Live Conferencing On INCREDIBLE!!!Tips

Last Updated:

1. KGBWOLF

KGBWOLF Active Member This Topic's Starter

Go to fring.com from your android phone and download the android app to it!!! Live phone to phone video chats!/instant messaging/calling!! its awsome!! Take that apple fan boys!! :p

Advertisement
    mills23, jamor, NightAngel79 and 2 others like this.
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Guys, no need to trash his thread. He was just trying to help. If you know about it, just ignore the thread and let other people who don't read about and download it, to try it out for themselves (whether it works or not is a different story)

3. KGBWOLF

I guess i will stop being Mr.Nice Guy..... i just found out about it and wanted to share the idea.. but i guess not... and FYI.. all the feature works great for me... i dont see anything wrong with it! :eek:

4. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

I just wish we had this. I may just see if I can make one myself.
    [​IMG]

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

We have rules against bashing newbies. There was nothing wrong with your post, KGB. On behalf of Android Forumites, I apologize. Meanies will be disciplined. Please feel free to post some more. We appreciate your niceness. You are welcome and appreciated here. :)

6. KGBWOLF

7. jcoberg10

jcoberg10 Active Member

looks like i missed all the drama... but this app is really interesting i'll have to try it. THanks

8. billster2006

billster2006 Well-Known Member

seems to work but you have to turn your phone around so the other person can see but other than that its pretty cool lol

9. rjm12rjm12

rjm12rjm12 Member

I have also tried this app and got it to work from my phone to Skype. I could see the other person great, but for them to see what I was pointing at I had to keep the phone really still. Next I would like to get it working phone to phone, not sure if it's possible.

Rob

10. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

although the turning of the phone around does seem odd i can still see a huge benefit to using this on the incredible. for example the company i work for tends to buy other companies and when i go out for a site visit i am always sending pictures back to the others then have to try and explain to them the pictures. if i could set up a video call i could easily show them what i am looking at while talking to them. (and my phone doesn't have to be connected to wifi to use it :)

11. drew3739

drew3739 Active Member

how come when I dial a number it says Operate voice fees apply for all cellular calls. What does that mean?

12. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

i think it requires a subscription to make calls to cell phones, but if the person has fring or skype then its free.

13. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

You may need to turn the phone around, but remember it has a handy dandy tv out....;)

14. jasoraso

jasoraso Well-Known Member

If HTC will just get the tv adapters shipped, it will be one heck of a video conference!!!

15. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

+1

16. KGBWOLF

I video called my friends Incredible which has Fring installed as welll and video conferencing worked like a charm phone 2 phone.... no issues here so far even skype to phone, fring to phone, etc. .... all over a nice 3G network!!!! :D seriously we need to have the tv out adapters asap HTC!

17. Needa916

Needa916 Member

Not sure what drama I missed. I used Fring to make Skype video calls on my front-facing camera equipped Nokia a few months ago. I am still using Fring for Skype video calls, too bad we don't have a front facing camera, but it works fine for parties and such.

18. btorrenga

btorrenga Member

This is very cool. Thanks for pointing it out.

19. driftway

driftway Member

I have the incredible, fring and skype. I read the manuals, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make a video call. I may be a droid newb but Im a computer savvy mac user for years.
    I don't even know how to add a contact on fring. Maybe my fring download is defective.
    If anyone is inclined, could you please post a step by step way to connect skype on the PC (mac in my case) to the Dinc, all video, using fring?

thanks

20. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

im sorry am I the only one that can't get this to work the way it's supposed to. I can't sync Skype AND calls are super choppy.

21. KGBWOLF

I dont see how u guys are having problems....mines seems to work very nice and not only on wifi but also on a nice 3g network. :rolleyes:

22. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

I have an incredible too and got fring working with skype. When you have fring running, press Menu, then Add-ons. Press Skype and enter your skype ID and password. Your skype contacts should then show up on the main fring page. Mine did not show up at first, but a few hours later when I went into fring, they were there. Press on the contact you want to call, then press on the blue camera icon for a video call. It will tell you if the contact is online or not.

If you're just now creating a skype account, you have to download skype on your computer and set up your friends there. Any friend you add has to be confirmed - they will have had to allow you to see their contact info and stuff.

If you just want to add a fring contact, select Menu/Add friend and type in the fring contact name. You can call me to test it if you want - I'll leave mine on for a few hours. fring id: kayst2437

driftway likes this.