• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Media/Streaming

snoopy2699

Jan 6, 2011
How are you guys getting video content to your Thunderbolt? I am not talking about youtube video's. I mean like movies or live streaming tv.

I have a hauppauge 2250 TV-tuner but have failed setting it up correctly (it works with my pc. after doing research, alot of people have also failed). I also have some movies that whenever I transfer them (.avi or .mkv) it fails to play them or they are to big to transfer to the sd card.

There has got to be a way around this besides me paying the $30 slingbox app charge. I have all the nessesary equipment to get better quality then slingbox has to offer (classic).

Thanks all.

I'm using TVUPlayer and it works fine on my TB. I live in a 3G area and it works without glitches...

The demo only runs for about two minutes but the paid works fine. I read that some people have had problems, but I've not... I suspect it may be their phones, bandwith or user error.

Check it out, I'm happy and the subscription is only $5 a year.

Also, TV Shows Stream looks interesting... I might get this one also...

Dennis

Upvote 0
I'm using TVUPlayer and it works fine on my TB. I live in a 3G area and it works without glitches...

The demo only runs for about two minutes but the paid works fine. I read that some people have had problems, but I've not... I suspect it may be their phones, bandwith or user error.

Check it out, I'm happy and the subscription is only $5 a year.

Also, TV Shows Stream looks interesting... I might get this one also...

Dennis

+1 for TVShowsStream

TVShowsStream is awesome. i downloaded the free (lite) version. it says it works best over WiFi, but if you have LTE coverage then you're better off. i've had no problem streaming (with no lag) Simpsons or Southpark episodes.

free version==about 10 different shows (full seasons)
paid ($8.03) version==tons of other shows, too

i'm using the free version--as Simpsons, SouthPark, Monk, Heroes are all included and will keep my attention for a long long time. but i'd purchase the full version in a heartbeat. prob the only app over $2 i'd buy (apart from Tasker)

Upvote 0
+1 for TVShowsStream

TVShowsStream is awesome. i downloaded the free (lite) version. it says it works best over WiFi, but if you have LTE coverage then you're better off. i've had no problem streaming (with no lag) Simpsons or Southpark episodes.

free version==about 10 different shows (full seasons)
paid ($8.03) version==tons of other shows, too

i'm using the free version--as Simpsons, SouthPark, Monk, Heroes are all included and will keep my attention for a long long time. but i'd purchase the full version in a heartbeat. prob the only app over $2 i'd buy (apart from Tasker)

Yeah, I decided to buy and for $8 bucks it's a steal. There are tons of programming to watch with this app and I've been able to find a lot of stuff I've wanted to see again.. I.E... programs that are off the air, multiple season runs. Way too programs for me to watch and get anything done. Check out the list of programs in the "Check out Full Version Programming" on your lite version. :eek:

Definitely a good buy. I highly recommend. ... Just what I needed to take up more of my valuable time. :rolleyes:

I should also note that TVUPlayer is a good player for numerous Christian stations. I found 3ABN on it. The only cable station that carries this in my area is Verizon Fios and you have to pay premium HD prices to get it, it doesn't come with standard programming.

I can now get it for free since 3ABN broadcasts to their own sat dish. You can also watch many other countries programming on TVUPlayer. Kind of interesting to look in on other culture's programming. :) Nice!

Good luck getting anything done if you buy this.

Dennis

Upvote 0
Yeah, I decided to buy and for $8 bucks it's a steal. There are tons of programming to watch with this app and I've been able to find a lot of stuff I've wanted to see again.. I.E... programs that are off the air, multiple season runs. Way too programs for me to watch and get anything done. Check out the list of programs in the "Check out Full Version Programming" on your lite version. :eek:

Definitely a good buy. I highly recommend. ... Just what I needed to take up more of my valuable time. :rolleyes:

I should also note that TVUPlayer is a good player for numerous Christian stations. I found 3ABN on it. The only cable station that carries this in my area is Verizon Fios and you have to pay premium HD prices to get it, it doesn't come with standard programming.

I can now get it for free since 3ABN broadcasts to their own sat dish. You can also watch many other countries programming on TVUPlayer. Kind of interesting to look in on other culture's programming. :) Nice!

Good luck getting anything done if you buy this.

Dennis

Metalocalypse, Venture Brothers, X-MEN ('92 cartoon series), Archer,

i just bought the full version. Good Lord i hope this thing doesn't get taken down and all the links work! i'm never EVER going to get anything done now.

but at least this is an awesome resource to have when waiting at the airport/mechanic and have some time to kill.

Upvote 0
I use the ZumoCast app on my Thunderbolt... It isn't supposed to work on the thunderbolt, but it does.. It comes on the Droid Bionic but I was able to find the apk (after a bit of google help) and get it installed, It does however ask each time you start the app if you want to update, do not do the update as it will not work after that.

It works on wifi, 3g and 4g from anywhere I have been. 3g is a little choppy but still does the job unless its a big file. Does movies (all formats i have tried so far) and music with no trouble at all.

Reactions: red66charger
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones