• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] video / movie files :@

leooo

Lurker
Oct 27, 2013
Hello everyone,

thanks for taking the time to read in advance! I recently took the leap from iphone to android and I havnt looked back since! I love the phone and bought a 64gb samsung sd card for it (my main gripe with the iphone as well as itunes)

Anyway my question is it seems there are two apps to buy movies on playstore and the purple colored icon called 'videos'

the videos app gave me a free film download which is great but I have no idea where the file is.

basically I am asking:

1) when you buy a film or tv series do you download it to your phone so you can watch it anywhere?

2) can I watch purchased films on videos or play store anywhere even with no signal? Eg a plane...

3) am I missing something obvious like a torrent or a magic app that allows the above

4) how do I watch these on my tv at home through my xbox360?

Sorry im such a n00b but its really bugging me.

thanks for any help or suggestions,

Lee

Hello everyone,

thanks for taking the time to read in advance! I recently took the leap from iphone to android and I havnt looked back since! I love the phone and bought a 64gb samsung sd card for it (my main gripe with the iphone as well as itunes)

Anyway my question is it seems there are two apps to buy movies on playstore and the purple colored icon called 'videos'

the videos app gave me a free film download which is great but I have no idea where the file is.

basically I am asking:

1) when you buy a film or tv series do you download it to your phone so you can watch it anywhere?

2) can I watch purchased films on videos or play store anywhere even with no signal? Eg a plane...

3) am I missing something obvious like a torrent or a magic app that allows the above

4) how do I watch these on my tv at home through my xbox360?

Sorry im such a n00b but its really bugging me.

thanks for any help or suggestions,

Lee

You actually are in the right section.
The Google Play Movies store allows you to buy movies that will be owned by your Google Account. You will then be able to download that movie onto your desktop.

The purple videos icon is a collection of all the videos on your phone. Whether it be movies or videos you've recorded. You can also buy videos through the Samsung Store which the purple icons connect you to. This is not connected to your google play store and is synced with your Samsung Account.

Of course there are ways to download movies and drag them into your phone and just watch them like that.

In order to see them on your xbox 360 you actually might need to burn them on a disk or something. Actually putting them on the sd card might work, but i know that the internal storage is emulated and doesn't work with the 360 or any other console.

Hopefully ive helped. @leooo

Reactions: mike28 and leooo
Upvote 0
Wow cool thanks!! At least I know im doing the right thing lol. I dont suppose you know where the files of movies that I buy are kept do you? And if I cant watch either samsung store or play store anywhere even with no signal do you?

Ok i think you'd have to download the movies first (if there's an option for offline playback) then check the movies folder of the internal storage. If it's not there check the download folder. And if it's still not there than its probably caches somewhere temporary.

Reactions: leooo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones