Video of Android 2.2(Froyo) Running on Motorola Droid

Last Updated:

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

best thing about this thread.. that redeems it being yet another 2.2 thread...

The Marley's!!
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

What's with the blurred out kernel version?
  3. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Nice!
  4. argenys

argenys Active Member

Can't wait
  5. argenys

argenys Active Member

I'm assuming it's so that the source doesn't get busted.
  6. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

Wow, it looks so fast. I can't wait!
  7. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Would have been nice if they gave a little background info...Like "This is a beta version from VZW, will not be released to net" or something along those lines...
  8. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

but your gonna have to

bwa haa ha ha :p
  9. TharOosta

TharOosta Well-Known Member

Don't see that much of a difference.
  10. dmodert66

A guy at DF asked P3Droid (it's his vid) when a Rom would be out. He said he hopes by next week after they strip out moto tracking and kill a few bugs...

Take it with a grain of salt though, as it's just a forum post... :D
  11. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

o sweet je$u$ i am excited
  12. gonzoguy24

If motorola/vzw get this out in a timely manner then I will be so freaking grateful!
  13. dmodert66

I'm wondering if they will get it out in a timely matter now...The latest info about Droid 2 or whatever it's going to be called is that it is to run 2.2. If they release that phone soon, they may hold off on the Droid to give the new phone a leg up...That is all speculation though...
  14. gonzoguy24

Good point dmodert66...it can go either way really...i just hope it is soon :)
  15. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

If Droid 2 is close, look for all of Verizon's effort to be on that, and not on getting this out for the Droid. :(

However, hopefully the two devices are close enough that going from D2 to D will be easy... :)
  16. gonzoguy24

You really think Droid 2 is close? Don't you think that they would try and release the Droid 2 around November so use original Droid adopters can get it with an annual upgrade?
  17. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

It'll be out this summer. Some are saying as early as Father's day, though I suspect more like August.
  18. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or am i the only one who dislikes the name "Droid 2" or any "sequel" for a device or object? It really bugs me that a name is speculated to be so uncreative as that.

i.e. LG EnV 2, EnV 3, blah, blah. I liked how it went from V to EnV, but anything after that seemed very gimmicky. We don't have cars going from MR2 to MR3, Gallardo to Gallardo 2, etc. Leave the sequels to movies.

I figured there's nothing else to add to a thread about 2.2 since it's all speculation anyways...
  19. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

I like the Droid 2, it shows that it is a direct relative to the Droid. Also its just a name, who cares?

As for 2.2, this look so fast and awesome!
  20. aclos3

aclos3 Active Member

BMW Z3 --> Z4
    Land Rover LR3 --> LR4
    Ford Mustang --> Mustang II --> Mustang

Sorry, I just had to!
  21. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed that they took out Wireless Tether with no proper explanation. Not that it matters, I'm almost certain Koush and Cyanogen will be working on putting it back in, but why make everyone's life more difficult and make them carry a wire around to tether to one device when you could let them tether to 8 devices wirelessly?
  22. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

You lost me at Mustang II...... :eek: That was NOT a Mustang... :mad:
  23. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Why does it feel like every thread here becomes a conversation about cars? ;)
  24. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

I see your point, but don't know why you're sorry? LOL. I still stand by my opinion. I guess I just didn't like how LG seemed to get lazy with their naming after the EnV. I'm also surprised you missed Mitsubishi's Lancer Evo III-X.

Kinda why I think the "sequel" thing is a bad idea. Ford probably did too.

Because most of us here are of the male gender, and cars and males normally go hand in hand. Jay Leno owns an airplane hanger full of cars.

Seriously though, I don't think I've seen the other car threads - I think I'll go scour the forums now.