Video of my Evo showing 30FPS stock and 50+ FPS custom kernel

Last Updated:

1. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I made this video to show the difference between a stock Evo and one that has the FPS uncap via a custom kernel, in this case, netarchy-toastmod 4.1.7. See my sig for the kernel download link.

I shot this at 60fps and 1080p in order to try to capture the difference in framerate before and after. 720p max on youtube. I believe it's the sharpest video out there showing off the difference.

Look for two things: scrolling smoothness, and finger tracking. Tracking is the ability of the phone to keep the screen "stuck" to the finger. The better it does this, the better the tracking, and it makes the phone feel very responsive to your commands.

To many people, the difference is night and day. To some, they don't see/feel the difference. I find that hard to believe, which is why I made this video. The truth is out there :)

TIP: click on the video below and watch it from youtube. It's larger and sharper there.

YouTube - HTC EVO: 30FPS uncapped w/ custom kernel - comparison w/ stock

Advertisement
  2. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, good idea making a video.
    I definitely notice a difference, and have had it on my Evo for a while too.
    It almost hurts me using a 'stock' 30fps on someone elses after having mine so smooth :p

3. cityneversleepz

cityneversleepz New Member

Would love to hear from anyone that has flashed a kernel with myn's warm twopointtwo that has front camera functionality. I tried all five recommended on myn's 2p2 page and none have it. only stock htc kernel has it based on my experience. anyone know of a kernel that I could flash and still have secondary camera functionality?

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

really? I have never had an issue with ffc on any sense rom, or kernel for that matter.

try netarchy sbc 4.1.9 no havs v7...that's my go to kernel

cityneversleepz likes this.
  5. cityneversleepz

cityneversleepz New Member

really. I tried to find the download for 4.1.9 but no luck yet. any chance that you know of a link?

thanks for everything so far.

c.n.s. with a z cause gotta get my z's somewhere

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

stevcha has a great thread here
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html

here is the link to netarchy on xda
    [GPL][Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.3.1 Beta: 4.3.2 - xda-developers

and here are all of his kernels
    http://www.qap.la/~netarchy/

and of course...the infamous 4.1.9 no havs
    http://www.qap.la/~netarchy/netarchy-toastmod-4.1.9.1-cfs-NoHAVS-universal-signed.zip

and the sbc kernels
    [KERNEL][SENSE] - SBC. Update: 1/18/11 All kernels put back up! - xda-developers

specifically 4.1.9 no havs sbc...this kernel is my go to..an just about any rom. it has been the most stable and provided me many days of great battery life
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

cityneversleepz likes this.