• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video of my new bluetooth car stereo in action with my N1!!!

Just finished watching the video, and changed my mind. Your right, its perfect and I'm getting my civic back in a couple weeks and realized that not only do I NOT have Bluetooth, I don't even have an audio jack on the stereo (which is what I'm using now).

Sony Xplod MEX-BT2700 FTW

EDIT: Did you say 2700? I looked up photos and the one in your video looks different, and nicer.

Upvote 0
I don't like Sony, but it is nice to know that this is working and sounding good. Ill go and get me another brand and do this ASAP!!!

Also why does your car have a manual and auto shifter? or at least look like it does.

I have a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder... 4 Wheel Drive. The truck is auto transmission, the 2nd shifter is to switch between 2 wheel and 4 wheel modes.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the video. I was just on Crutchfield's site trying to decide which head unit to buy for my 99 Nissan pickup. They warn you that not all bluetooth phones will pair, so your video gives me confidence to spend a bit more for a bluetooth friendly head unit.

My question is can you be playing music in the background on the N1 while running nav as well. I'm hoping you can, and that it just interrupts the music whenever nav instructions play, as it would with a phone call.

Upvote 0
My question is can you be playing music in the background on the N1 while running nav as well. I'm hoping you can, and that it just interrupts the music whenever nav instructions play, as it would with a phone call.

You can play music in the background and use the nav at the same time. When a call comes in - it will pause and then resume at the end of the call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones