Video of X running 3rd party launcher?

1. dima

dima Active Member

Hey,

So among all the videos now being posted about the droidx, ive yet to see one that shows the phone running LauncherPro or Helix or something. Im curious how close to the stock android experience we get once we replace the moto launcher with launcherpro (and possibly lose all the blur widgets).

Anyone know a video that shows this, or care to make one if you have a test unit? ;)

Thanks! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. SupremeBeaver

SupremeBeaver Well-Known Member

i want to see one too.
  3. sohc sti

sohc sti Well-Known Member

It would need to be rooted first. And that has yet to be accomplished. The phone isnt even out yet remember.
  4. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

I didn't think the phone needed to be rooted to run a 3rd party launcher from the marketplace? And it seems the test/prototype Droid X phones that the media have aren't even allowing you to download apps from the marketplace but of course that will change with the final retail builds.
  5. sohc sti

sohc sti Well-Known Member

Im not 100% sure but I dont think motoblur will play nice with a home replacement. I hope I'm wrong though.
  6. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

It is not motoblur, so take that word out of your vocabulary...It is not Ninjablur either.
    ckochinsky125 likes this.
  7. masse

masse Well-Known Member

I'm new, but I just read in 5 different threads that the Droid X isn't running motoblur...
  8. mtneer25911

mtneer25911 Active Member

9. dima

dima Active Member

If you check the pre-release thread around page 5, maddigital of this forum leaked a picture of his droidx next to a few other phones. He was running LauncherPro. So we know it works, and he said it was working exceptionally well. I would just love to see a video of it in action.

As another poster mentioned however, it seems the review units are not able to install 3rd party apps, so i guess we will not get a chance to see this unless we can get maddigital to come out of hiding with his unit.