video out through headphone jack?

Last Updated:

1. JaguarWokeLions

JaguarWokeLions New Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried two TVs and two different video cables and I cannot get the video to display even after turning on "TV out".

also tried another captivate

WHAT IS THE DEAL?

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Works fine for me, but some cables are different because of the pin configuration on the 3.5 pin, try plugging in the different colored plugs into the video in of the TV till you get a picture. One of my cables (I think it came from and old camcorder) the white jack actually has the video output when plugged into my Capt. The red is right, and the yellow left.. just fiddle around until you get it.. unless its not the problem.

1337sauce likes this.
  3. iMouseOne

iMouseOne Active Member

I use my old Zune cable and it works perfect.

4. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

Mine works perfect, try switching the cables. I didnt have to cause red, white and yellow matched up.

5. DT

DT Well-Known Member

That's usually it, a stereo audio + video will have 4 conductors on the plug (L, R, V, Gr) sometimes arranged differently. I've got a 3.5mm "video" cable from a Canon video camera I've used for video out on other devices and it's usually the right/red that carries the video.

6. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

I just grabbed an old cable from our camcorder bag and plugged it into the tv. I had to switch to the red cable for video and it worked. I was amazed. I played a few games and watched some video that I had recorded.

One of many moments with this phone that just make me grin.