Video output via 3.5mm jack?Support

Last Updated:

1. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried getting video output with a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I wonder if it may be less restrictive than the HDMI hookup... but I'm getting ahead of myself: I'm not even sure if it works at all. Anyone wanna give it a shot? TBH it probably won't work, but we may as well give it a shot right?

Advertisement
  2. Theeulogy

Theeulogy Well-Known Member

I cant find my cable to try this out, let us know what you find out. It definatly wont be HD, but it would be cool for watching football when at work.

3. kwest12

Well I just ordered my DX tonight, but I do have a cable layin around somewhere, so I'll give it a shot when I receive it. Who knows when that will be though lol

4. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

not gonna happen...

5. kwest12

I figure it probably won't happen, but do you have anything to support that or are you just guessing like me?

6. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

i'm not guessing...that's a 3.5mm stereo audio jack. period. it isn't connected to anything internally that will deliver a video signal.

but now that you mention it, i think i might try sticking the garden hose in my gas tank. who knows...maybe petrol will come out!

7. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

Depends on the phone.
    Android's Headphone Jack is Versatile, Yet Underused - Tested

8. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

My old Winmo phone (Touch Pro) did video out through the 3.5mm jack. It was good for hooking up to the screen in my wifes van for the kids to watch movies on and not much else. I'd much rather see someone get the HDMI connection working with something other than the default player honestly.

9. kwest12

lol, I understand where you're coming from, but as theineffablebob points out, it really isn't an impossibility. I didn't read the entire article, but the whole reason I started this thread is b/c I know the Galaxy S does have video out capability through that 3.5mm port.

^This

10. caribou lou

caribou lou New Member

The first ipod videos carried video through the headphones jack, they just reversed the contacts so you had to have shielded cables so what was designated as an audio line could carry a video signalb without interference. I'll try my cables but i'm doubtful if HTC set it up like that...