• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video pause/play problem in all applications

A

Android Question

Hello I pride myself on searching for posts for my answers and I have searched diligently without success. I have a Kyocera Hydro reach running lollipop 5.1.1. Out of the box from Virgin Mobile the video playback pauses every 30 seconds almost to the second with some variants. Netflix YouTube Hulu Crackle and pretty much every video player I have used pauses on this 30-second interval. When it does it does not show the buffering icon but the play button appears. Just as if you had pressed the pause button. I have reinstalled a couple apps with no change to the problem. I have looked for snartpsuse in the gestures settings but I don't see where that is available and have disabled gestures with no change in the problem. It seems to be a global setting of some sort but I could be wrong. Did anyone has tackled this I sure would appreciate the solution thank you. Daniel

I too am having the same issue, I also have a Hydro Reach on 5.1.1 but with Boost Mobile instead. What I've found on the issue is that it's some sort of pop up that causes the interruption, I've only heard of one other person that has the issue and he's been pointing it at his sim card stating that he lost it and this is what causes the interruption. Is there any other specifications to your device that you think might of had been the problem? I will continue to look for a solution and post back here if I find it.

Upvote 0
Is this issue happening on both cellular and WiFi, or just one but not the other?

Also, looking over the hardware specs for a Hydro Reach it does have some limitations as far as system resources, with only a 960 x 540 resolution display and 1 GB of RAM. Video playback might have intentional restrictions in place.
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Kyocera-Hydro-Reach_id10029

Upvote 0
This isn't an issue with any limitations, the videos used to work just fine for the first few months I've had the phone, this is something recent. Looking over it, whatever pops up for that 1/100th of a second is some sort of pop up notification. Whenever am doing something that's continuous like watching a video in any application or playing any game like Mushroom Wars, it happens. Am sitting there playing in landscape mode with no lag or any freezing then my phone will randomly tilt itself to portrait view for a second with nothing popping up then it will resume whatever am doing, sort of like if you get a call while watching videos, the screen tilts and the phone application overlays in portrait view. It doesn't make it impossible to do any of this tasks, it's just annoying to have to press the play button again. As a way around it I've found that playing YouTube videos on the app Videoer will not cause them to pause. They will freeze for half a second while this interruption happens but they will resume playing afterwards. I will continue troubleshooting and report back with any information.

Upvote 0
This isn't an issue with any limitations, the videos used to work just fine for the first few months I've had the phone, this is something recent. Looking over it, whatever pops up for that 1/100th of a second is some sort of pop up notification. Whenever am doing something that's continuous like watching a video in any application or playing any game like Mushroom Wars, it happens. Am sitting there playing in landscape mode with no lag or any freezing then my phone will randomly tilt itself to portrait view for a second with nothing popping up then it will resume whatever am doing, sort of like if you get a call while watching videos, the screen tilts and the phone application overlays in portrait view. It doesn't make it impossible to do any of this tasks, it's just annoying to have to press the play button again. As a way around it I've found that playing YouTube videos on the app Videoer will not cause them to pause. They will freeze for half a second while this interruption happens but they will resume playing afterwards. I will continue troubleshooting and report back with any information.

Could be pop-up ads from something, like some free app or game.

Upvote 0
Negative, I've performed two factory restores on the phone with no success, I've also checked all third party apps pre-installed on the phone by disabling them and force stopping them. When I first received the phone it didn't do this for the first few months which means is something to do with one of the core applications. I will now begin force stopping applications one by one and check if the application restarts and if the problem persists while the application isn't running. It's the only thing I have left in mind, the "Running" section in the application settings hasn't helped. Anyone else have any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones