Video pause whilst recordingSupport

1. OwainGlyndwr

OwainGlyndwr Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to pause video while recording? I can't believe there isn't a function for this as without it, it renders videoing many things impractical.

Advertisement
  2. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

On the default system that cannot be done. You could maybe try a video recording app from the Market that may have that option.
  3. OwainGlyndwr

OwainGlyndwr Member

Thanks for that, I wonder if anyone on here can suggest a suitable app?:confused:
  4. peterb23

peterb23 Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm not sure about the app but can I ask what you are recording that needs a pause function? I shoot a bit with my DSLR and I don't think that has a pause button either - or if it does then I've never used it ;)
  5. OwainGlyndwr

OwainGlyndwr Member

Hi, when I video my sons playing cricket (batting and bowling) the time in between deliveries is not required. With the blackberry you can pause in between balls so the video is all action as opposed to drawn out.
  6. peterb23

I can see that a pause function would work well in that situation but I think you are out of luck. After a quick search it doesn't look like there is an obvious solution to this.

I think you are going to have to look at editing your short clips together in post.
  7. Josh-SonyXperia

Based on peterb23's suggestion I just tried an app on the Market called AndroMedia Video Editor. Pretty easy to use and it lets you Trim and Combine videos and audio to make it look as if you had taken the whole thing in just one shot.
    morz001 likes this.
  8. skymotor

skymotor Member

Can you help which APPS come with camera pause?
  9. skymotor

skymotor Member

Can you help me which APPS come with video pause and the video quality same like original.TQ
  10. Josh-SonyXperia

11. skymotor

skymotor Member

12. Josh-SonyXperia

Sorry to say but I don't have the answer to that question.
  13. peterb23

From what I've read, it does not look like there will be a pause function in the standard build of ICS.