• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Play Back/ SD card Folders/ Files

Cesspool

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
Aus
Hi all I'm having difficulty playing Mp4 videos or any other format that the device supports, that I've transfered from the pc to the Desire Using USB & using handbrake for the conversion & using the default video player I've created a folder Video . But if I transfer using Bluetooth all the file formats that the desire supports will play. the same goes for pictures . What could be the Issue? Could I be missing a specific folder or file I've noticed the default pictures that came with the device are no longer present in the phone. Is there a way to recover/ Restore the default folders & files associated with the phone from when it was new unfortunately I didn't back up the SD card when I got the phone from new Can some post me the default Folders & how to get them.;)

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Yes I've enabled USB mode & I used handbrake , I think the HTC Desire has issues with class type SD cards went back to the standard 2GB Sandisk that came with the device no issues I've contacted HTC and they advise to use Class 2 SD cards from reputable manufactures. So the Sandisk 16GB at Class 4 that I installed couldn't cope with having more than 10 videos stored in it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones