Video playback on Optimus VGeneral

Last Updated:

PMUSER Well-Known Member

Hey guys I was attempting to watch some DVRed tv shows on my Optimus V and after several attempts with MX Player, Mobo Player, and QQ Player, I have found that the QQ Player works the most consistently, but with some stuttering on MKV files. I am wondering what players everyone has tried out and what seems to work the best with our phone Thanks in advance for everyones input

2. meta6

meta6 Member

you're expecting too much from this low spec phone.
  3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href=" Contributor

BS Player lite with the ARM 6 codec download.
  4. musiciansapp

musiciansapp Well-Known Member

MX Player WITH the latest edition of the MX video codec (you need the latest version) works best for my needs but I agree that QQ is best, so QQ first, MX the second.

Yes as meta6 stated, you are expecting too much from this phone at times (one reason I'm getting the HTC Evo V 3D).
  5. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL * VIP Member

Mx player1.7

I've always had problems with mx player until this update, now it's working great.

PMUSER Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I am downloading BS Player as we speak.

Will check which version I have of MX player

I have noticed that AVI files seem to have been playback than MP4 and MKV seem to be the worst on our phone. I may have to break down and actually re-encode some of this stuff. Hate to do that but if thats the last resort
  7. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

no problems with large avi or mpg with mx player on OV's for me.

mp4 and mkv are not out of the normal but sort of not standard as not everything likes them. but even old junk players know what to do with avi or mpg

PMUSER Well-Known Member

So going forward I am looking for AVI files now to play and still on QQ Player. I tried BS Player and it was very good but will not rotate to widescreen unless you pay the 6 bux for the full version. In the end I think I can live with QQ Player and AVI files. Thanks for the input everyone