• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video playback on Optimus V

PMUSER

Feb 21, 2012
Katy, TX
Hey guys I was attempting to watch some DVRed tv shows on my Optimus V and after several attempts with MX Player, Mobo Player, and QQ Player, I have found that the QQ Player works the most consistently, but with some stuttering on MKV files. I am wondering what players everyone has tried out and what seems to work the best with our phone Thanks in advance for everyones input

Hey guys I was attempting to watch some DVRed tv shows on my Optimus V and after several attempts with MX Player, Mobo Player, and QQ Player, I have found that the QQ Player works the most consistently, but with some stuttering on MKV files. I am wondering what players everyone has tried out and what seems to work the best with our phone Thanks in advance for everyones input
BS Player lite with the ARM 6 codec download.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I am downloading BS Player as we speak.

Will check which version I have of MX player

I have noticed that AVI files seem to have been playback than MP4 and MKV seem to be the worst on our phone. I may have to break down and actually re-encode some of this stuff. Hate to do that but if thats the last resort

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones