• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Playback on the Samsung Galaxy S

tase25

Mar 2, 2010
Hi guys,

I wanted to get an opinion on what the most optimal video quality, size, and dimensions are for playback on the Samsung Galaxy S.

I have some DVDs I want to rip onto it.

I basically want the Avatar quality of video that was shipped with the T-Mobile versions :)

Any feedback would be awesome.

As far as the DVDs are non copy-protected or already ripped onto your HDD, I'd strongly advise you to use Handbrake, the only thing to play with would be the video tab (once you have chosen the source file), you might want to choose the file size at 3900 MB (that's what I do, for a quality as insane as possible on our amazing SGS phone), choose the video format as MKV and the container as H264. Choose the audio track under the audio tab settings. Have the aspect ratio as 1280 X 720. The output is amazing but as we put in the file size to be about 4 GB, you may have to sacrifice this space for the quality of the picture. Let me know if you'd need more on this. Happy watching

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones