Video Playback ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. milo2541

milo2541 Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings Friends,

New Member, first post/question, first android (EVO). When I playback video on the unit, everything is fine, when I play it on my pc either from the unit or after transferring the video to the pc, the sound is gone. Am I missing a codec ? I don't recall if this issue was around before 2.2 or not.

Also, has anyone had any experience using the EVO in a small (less than 1000 people) club to record live shows, if so, what tips could you give me.

Thanks in advance,
    Milo

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, milo.

I've moved these questions of yours to an area where other users of the Evo will see it and hopefully respond. ;)

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Please, please do a search first. This has been talked about at least 10 times a week, and I have personally answered every single one. Your computer doesnt have the right codec. You can use MediaInfo and scan the file to see what codec you need, but if I remember correctly it was hard to find. The easiest way to play the files is to use Quicktime or VLC Player, both free players.

4. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

I asked this same question when I joined too. What you can also do, as was recommended to me, is download a media converter as well to change the format if you prefer mpeg, avi, etc...., the VLC player is awesome though, and plays all formats. So you don't need the Quicktime or Windows player anymore.

I use the free one from Oxelon.

Oxelon Media Converter - Free

For your own info. The EVO records video in the 3gp format. Which is an old Apple codec.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yes, you can convert, but be aware you will always lose quality when converting. unless of course you convert to uncompressed avi, which will result in a huge file.

FyrFytr998 likes this.
  6. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

I did notice that. I didn't pay it too much mind since it was just some stuff I recorded on the phone. Quick time seemed a little laggy to me. VLC cured all that.