video playbackSupport

Last Updated:

1. tallpaul

tallpaul New Member This Topic's Starter

Just bought my Galaxy S.

Although it is a great phone, the video playback is slightly jittery. Doesnt matter if I view a hd video over all share, youtube video or a playback of a video captured off the phone. It looks slow, and the sound seems out of sync with the video.

Is this a common issue?

Thanks

Paul

Advertisement
  2. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

Thats the first time I've heard someone say the video is out of sync.

3. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

Everything I`ve tried plays perfect, it`s one of the phones strong points

4. mutley

mutley New Member

I have the same issue - the jitter is fairly subtle, but the problem is that it is fairly constant. I have made sure that I have hardly anything else running and checked that my cpu and memory usage are low, but the issue is still there regardless of whether I'm playing HD or SD video, avi, mp4, mkv etc.

A couple of people over at avforums did mention that they had a bit of an issue with this, but it seems that other people are not having this problem. Either they aren't sensitive to it or we are particularly sensitive to it or there are 'faulty' handsets out there, including mine.

I'm hoping that a firmware update will fix the issue. I just don't understand why some people have this issue and others do not. :mad:

5. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

No issues here, well accept for youtube video which is always slightly out of sync, but that's nothing to do with the Galaxy S.

6. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

No issues with videos at all, have mixture of xvid and divx and both fine. No out of sync either.

7. mutley

mutley New Member

It does appear that my handset is faulty then. Before I go through the hassle of getting it fixed/replaced, could anyone who has stated that they have no jitter whatsoever please just double check that there really is no hint of dropped frames and that movement is consistently fluid even when the camera is panning during a scene? I'd really appreciate it if someone with no jitter issues could double check this.

Cheers