1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Video playbackSupport

1. Srwilliams777

Srwilliams777 Member

Took a video with the camera this morning of my son crawling for the first time so I could share with the rest of my family, unfortunately when I went to play it back I'm getting "sorry this video cannot be played" even though it was recorded with the phones camera. I'm Also getting "unsupported media file" in some cases as I try to troubleshoot. Anybody got any ideas. I'm pissed because I'm never getting that moment back.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

I would try using another player/viewer.
  3. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

You can play anything recorded with the phones camera, would be a bit silly if you couldn't.

As for why that video won't play, I'm sorry but I have no idea as everything I've recorded plays.

But as suggested try another video player or copy the video file to computer and play from there, you shouldn't have to though. :confused:
  4. Srwilliams777

Srwilliams777 Member

I have tried several different video players from the play store and nothing worked. Also moved it to my computer and still no playback. The only thing I can think of is my sd card is bad or when I loaded onto google drive somehow the file got corrupted.
  5. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the sdcard, if you have an adapter plug it into a PC with windows and check for errors

Right click the sdcard under explorer, select properties then tools and click check.