1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Video Player CrashesSupport

1. Coins_2010

Coins_2010 New Member

About October last year when i received the phone i noticed a few minor freezes when playing a video off the external sd card and it crashed my phone once. Once the new year hit all was fine no problems what so ever then about 2 weeks ago when i was watching videos the player crashed and locked up my phone causing me to restart which took a very long time. Now this has become a regular occurrence when playing from the external sd card. Sometimes it will crash at 2 minutes other times such as the time i was watching a movie from video hub it crashed at 2 hours in. I have factory reset the phone and the problem still occurs. I live no where near a Samsung service center and the nearest one is in the mainland UK and its carry in only. Any ideas on what i should do? I bought the phone from Amazon.

Advertisement
    :
  2. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Don't panic. It might be a bad sector on your SD card. Try to check it on a windows computer. You know, right click, then properties, advanced.
  3. Coins_2010

Coins_2010 New Member

My PC says the SD card is fine it says no bad sectors.
  4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Not sure this would help, but have you checked if your ram is not full?

Sent using the force
  5. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

What Caloy said. Plus, try a third party player like MX Player. An awesome app.
  6. Coins_2010

Coins_2010 New Member

I clear my ram often so it shouldn't be that. 3rd party apps usually dont recognise my external Sd card.
  7. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

MX will find your SD card. If it fails to, your card may be damaged after all. Just give it a try.
  8. Coins_2010

Coins_2010 New Member

MX player works but I cant play video hub videos and I dont have the s pen features along with the video in a small window so I can type and watch a movie at the same time. Could any of this be to do with me havinv an insane chip in my GN2?
  9. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I use MixZing Premium and it recognize all my movies on my SDcard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent using the force
  10. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I used the stock video player and I think I know why your video player is crashing.

When I saw all the thumbnails, I think you have so much movies that caching all those moving thumbnails quickly fills up your memory real fast.

[​IMG]

Try using the folder or list view, it might solve your crashing issue. :)

Sent using the force