Video Player for G1

Last Updated:

1. Maximosis

Maximosis Member This Topic's Starter

Where can i download the Video player for G1?

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Active Member

The Video Player app was available on the Marketplace before launch, but is now taken off for improvement and debugging now that the developers have the handset. It will be back :)

3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Hopefully soon, I'm impatient! LOL

4. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

Is *now* soon enough for ya? :D I just downloaded/installed, works great. :)

5. caandy11

caandy11 New Member

can you post a link to the video player THANKS

6. mailman1387

mailman1387 New Member

Anyone no if there is a player to stream stations on thestreamcenter.com or how to stream radio stations?

7. kb2002

kb2002 New Member

uhhh... no offense caandy, but you're not quite getting the whole experience here, are you?

Apps d'l via the handset. Try touching the MARKET icon on your G1. Everything's free right now so explore!!!

Downloading and xfering to handset via PC is soooooo Palm Pilot. Like, you know, obsolete! :p

(I'm half-kidding though... there will probably end up being some other apps NOT sold via the market that you'd have to d'l via PC, like through Handango or what not).

8. dannyaperez

dannyaperez Member

we need a video player that supports more formats avi mpg mkv and so on

9. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

and one that doesn't halt during playback and or give a "cannot play this file" message even though the file is playing.

10. gewgluvr

gewgluvr Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me where to put the videos? It won't recognize my MP4's or 3GP

11. ram100987

ram100987 Well-Known Member

i agree! a video player that only supports 2 formats is useless, especially on an open source system. i hope the dev of the vid player on the market right now is working on making it support more formats. we need build_essentials so we can compile are own apps.

12. aitebar

aitebar New Member

i have the same problem as well. my G1 doesn't play Mp4's video format?? why??

also if anybody can tell me what formats do the Video player plays which is available inside market applications.

13. Palthainon

Palthainon Guest

any news on this?

14. rifter

rifter Active Member

I used Format Factory to convert my videos to the 3GP format. That has worked well.

It seems that the new Meridian application is pretty damn cool, too. I have been using Meridian as of late, over video player.

Lets face it, from an audio/video standpoint, the G1 has been pretty abysmal since launch.

15. beafdefx

beafdefx Member

16. kode29

kode29 New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I tried to play some videos I got from my friends and other sources, and my old converter worked well for computer-based players, but my HTC wouldn't play it. I searched for about 3 hours trying to find an answer either from HTC, Google, or Andriod developers, and I couldn't find a satisfactory answer. Until I found this forum....

Format Factory worked quick, and it worked the 1st time! I highly recommend it, and it does (almost) countless formats!

17. farhan_iffy

farhan_iffy New Member

:mad: what the heck you are finding guys. . .
    there is a player which names with (yxflash player) i dont know the version of the player but i want to tell you that player can play any (hd) file .avi .flv .mp4 .3gp all of these files but mkv em also cannt play on my phone (g1)