• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Player lock/unlock?

avhokie

Feb 17, 2010
A few of the times that I have played a video using Video Player, I get a lock icon in the top righthand corner. At that point, the buttons do not work. Touching the screen does nothing. I have no idea how to unlock. Each time I've run into this (3 times now), I had to shut down the phone. I must be slow...anyone know how to unlock the video player?

It happens when you press the power button. Same thing occurs when you press the power button while operating the camera. Press it gain to unlock. I'm kinda not liking this feature, personally.
Ah yes, good find there. I actually love it. Sometimes I let my 6 year old watch movies on my SF but she inevitably hits a button that takes her out of the video. Not anymore! The volume rocker still works but touch the screen or any of the 4 soft keys and nothing; although the phone does give you the haptic feedback if you got that on.
I like this feature it works for me :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones