• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Player still capture

Hello, does anyone know where the still photo capture is stored on the phone? I open a video on Video Player and tap the top camera to capture a photo. It pauses and says captured but I cant find it on the gallery anywhere. Thanks for the help.

Hello A6ent47. I find mine in the Gallery. I'm wondering if you're using a 3rd party app, or if you're getting an image at all. Are you sure you are seeing the little thumbnail of the capture after hitting the icon?

Upvote 0
Nothing 3rd party. Im using the "Video Player" that was on the phone and original gallery as well. Weird!

When I click on the top camera a small thumbnail comes out and says captured but nothing is in the gallery.

Try going into the "my files" > images > camera (which is really /storage/sdcard0/dcim/camera.

Failing that I'd do a search under the name of the video itself. I'll bet the stills are ending up in the file tree of the video player itself.

Upvote 0
Hello, does anyone know where the still photo capture is stored on the phone? I open a video on Video Player and tap the top camera to capture a photo. It pauses and says captured but I cant find it on the gallery anywhere. Thanks for the help.

Just tested mine and they are all showing in the gallery. Showing under "Screen Shots"

Upvote 0

i just did a test..

from one of my favorite movies of all times "Alien"

Untitled by Ceva321, on Flickr

it is stored under PHONE, PICTURES, SCREENSHOTS :)

you're welcomed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones