video player that can handle dual audio and soft subs?

Last Updated:

1. starwolf256

starwolf256 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the whole Android thing, been having a lot of fun figuring out all the neat things my new device can do. One thing I've been having issues with is being able to play back MKV files containing dual audio tracks and soft subtitles.

Every player handles the h264 video no problem, but the audio is tricky and the subtitles are non-existent. Of every media player I've tried, Rockplayer's the only one that plays any audio at all, and it only plays track 1 with no option to change to the other track. Nothing I've tried has been able to display the subtitles.

I've searched for a while to find a player that can handle this with no luck. If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful!

Advertisement
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

FYI on the Galaxy S 2.2.1 JPU update subtitles work in the inbuilt player - just watched a little of a 720P MKV with subtitles on JPU. Sweet. My bloody PS3 can't even play those!

Noticed after copying the file across that the media scanner is much faster to scan my 32GB card on this firmware. Nice.

EDIT: Even better than I thought - in settings there are now subtitle options - you can choose text size and colour and even change how they are sync'd - so if there are sync issues you can fix them from within the app! Brilliant.

3. peter_poiuyt

peter_poiuyt Member

i'm using galaxy S2 and i tried an anime with dual audio, mplayer, no audio played. i use mplayer. besides not playing dual audio i like the interface and the look. and the video thumbmark as well. nice.

its been more than half a year since the last post, are there any players now that can play this?

i realize that phones now have a bigger memory and 16GBsdhc micro sds are dirt cheap now. 32GB still is not practical tho. yet.

please and thank you.

4. venom1561

venom1561 Member

Use dice player