• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video Player w/ DivX Support, plays my .wmv files too.

messenger13

Android Expert
Dec 8, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Saw this in a thread in the HTC Desire forum, so I thought I'd post it here. There's plenty links in that thread (articles and blogs), so you can get them there.

The download link is in post #17 of that thread. After I installed the app, just tapping on a file in Astro didn't give me the option to use "demoPlayer" however. I had to fire up the app, then navigate to the file I wanted to play.

Works pretty good for an app that's in beta. As usual, it plays some filetypes better than others. I also use "Meridian Media Player Pioneer" (in the Market) for those files.

Just a note from one of the devs...

Doesn't sound like he is pissed that people are using the apk, but he does mention it was intended to be a closed beta (but was leaked)...Just FYI...

A letter from develop team of Rockplayer - xda-developers

A letter from develop team of Rockplayer
---------------------------------------------------

Hi, those who r using the Rockplayer close beta ver.

i'm the one of the develop team, organized the failed close beta test. i'm sure you do not know my name, because the player still remain close beta, also havn't got a logo, about, notes...

first of all, please believe that i hope the player can release much more than you, for more user, more pleasure experience. from the developer, nothing can be more exciting than, that see the codes we wrote can be run ag and ag on you phones.

Rockplayer is different from some applications. it can support almost all media format we often have. we plan let it run on all android phones when released. feel exciting? So we should do lots of test for types of m-phone, os and media format, before it can be release.

i understand that anyone what to try this player. Since Rockplayer could work one my phone, my daughter can watch the anime by it and didn't rob my pc any more but the player still have compatibility problem, it can support only m-phone with armv7 cpu, and some media runs slowly. for that reason, we do not publish it. close beta can help us collect more accurate information. and we can analyze the problems more effective.

I believe the one who use Rockplayer have the same feeling as us,hope the player can be better and better, but not cancel under release. in fact, I really love this application,given all my effort and passion to it.So, it is my fault, organized the failed small area test. only 2 days the player post all over the internet. but thanks to all friends follow our application.

if you have questions or suggestions, ask we here:
groups(dot)google(dot)com(dot)hk/group/rockplayer
we will reply as we can.

after all, thank you all the same.

BR
Water.e

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones