Video Player?

Last Updated:

1. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

Guys

I need a video player for the tattoo that can play mpegs / wma's - cant find anything on market - any ideas

jporch

Advertisement
  2. CranKy

CranKy Member

3. jporch316

mmm

ive tried it - it plays .3gp and .mp4 files - it tries to play .wmv but struggles and the .mpeg files do not register at all
  4. CranKy

CranKy Member

why dont you just convert the videos btw?
  5. jporch316

its just laziness!

used winmo for the past 6 years and im just used to coreplayer playing any video file i dropped onto the phone.

have to motivate myself i guess!
  6. r00n

r00n Active Member

I use .3gp format. Almost all the converters can convert to this and is working fine with the standard player of the Tattoo.
  7. jporch316

what convereter do you use?
  8. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

It depends on your OS, I always use Handbrake, it's easy to use but can convert anything to anything. Only issue is Handbrake has now stopped working on my OS due to a Ubuntu upgrade :(

Is anyone else out there got some good suggestions for this, that works on ubuntu 9.10? if not i'll just wait for handbrake 0.94 to come out - hopefully won't be long......

(belive handbrake still works perfectly on windows and mas OSs)
  9. r00n

r00n Active Member

Just do a search for free 3gp converter on Google and I'm sure you get enough results.
    I have my Tattoo since a week. Before I had a Nokia and I used the 3GP converter of the Nokia PC Suite. There are also online converters who can handle 3GP
  10. Terry1100

Terry1100 Well-Known Member

I always use SUPER for converting video formats - handles pretty much everything
  11. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

I use mobile media media convertor ubuntu 8 and 9. milksoft.com
  12. rassha

rassha Member

Try yxflash, it's on market, and plays allmost everything, including divx and xvid
  13. moblinLinux

moblinLinux Member

It wont play MP4 from youtube and its only a trial not much good
  14. jporch316