video playing questions....

Last Updated:

1. king chillout

king chillout Active Member This Topic's Starter

OK, I've had the Legend for a few days and it has impressed me a lot. This is my first decent phone and the Android system is amazing....but I have questions......

I want to watch a movie on my Legend. What type of movie files will it play and where do I put the file on the SD card so that my phone will be able to find it and play it ?

Advertisement
  2. bounce

bounce Member

Hi, I am not sure what files it will play, but I just dragged the movies I wanted to watch into the videos section on the SD card then disconnected the phone & they were there.
    Hope this helps.

3. king chillout

That would be great.......but my SD card doesn't have a video folder that I can see.

Could I just create a video folder and place my movies in there ? Would this then show up on the phone screen ?

4. king chillout

just checked out where the video files are kept if I take a video with the video camera....they are found in the DCIM folder with all the photos. I will try putting an MPEG4 movie in there tonight and see what happens ?

5. bounce

bounce Member

If that does not work just create a new folder & call it My videos then transfer them into there, I think then the phone will recognise them as movies.

6. h4voc

h4voc Member

I moved them into the Video folder on sdcard.If it is not there just create a new one.Btw any audio video sync issues in the videos on the legend?I am having serious sync issues with the audio and video :( almost half a second sync issue.

7. king chillout

I converted a movie using AoA into the 3gp file format and transferred it into the 100MEDIA folder found in the DCIM folder....and it worked !

To find the movie on the phone I have to look in the photos section where it can be found in the video list.

8. Ferox

Ferox Well-Known Member

I have downloaded yxplayer app from the market and it plays avi's DivX/Xvid movies without the need to convert saving alot of hassle! It worked well with the few files I have though I cannot confirm how stable it is when playing the full length of a movie since I only tried the trial version which is limited to 2mins! Anyone purchased the full app?

9. cchauhanad1

cchauhanad1 New Member

Multimedia for htc legend

• Photos application for viewing photos and videos
    • Music
    • FM Radio
    • Audio supported formats:
      Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma
      Recording: .amr
    • Video supported formats:
      Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv
      Recording: .3gp
    • make new folder on sdcard put video on it, open photos app on phone autometacly search photos and video....watch n enjoy