Video problem on PC (no, not sound)Support

Last Updated:

1. hilary_evo

hilary_evo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

In researching my problem, it seems that a lot of people who transfer videos from their Evo to their PC have trouble with sound playback. That's not my problem. Sound is just fine. The video itself, however, gets terribly pixelized and washed over with weird colors every few seconds.

I'll explain. If I create a video with my Evo, it records and plays back just fine on the Evo. Then I hook it up to my PC via the USB and use it as a disk drive to copy/paste pictures and videos onto my PC from the Evo. (If there is another way to transfer media, I don't know what it is.)

The pictures that end up on the PC are perfect. The videos, however, are corrupted. I've tried playing them back in Real Player and Quicktime and they're corrupted in both.

The video that has been copied to the PC begins playing back okay: the sound and picture look fine at first. Then, a few seconds in, everything will pixelize and strange colors will wash over the video. For a video longer than ten seconds or so, the pixelization and colors will go away and he video will look okay for a few more seconds before the process repeats itself. In a one minute video, this will happen several times. Again, the original videos still on the Evo are playing back just fine on the Evo and when played from the Evo on the PC.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Am I doing something wrong? I'd love to figure out a fix for this.

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Try VLC Player

3. hilary_evo

hilary_evo New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the response.

I'm concerned that simply downloading a different player may be just a short-term solution. What I would like to do is to be able to archive them permanently so that I can eventually delete them from my phone.

Why do the videos play perfectly well on both Real Player and Quicktime when played from my phone while it's attached to my PC, but the same files appear corrupted when copied from my phone to my PC? Why does the act of copy/pasting the files from the Evo to my hard drive seem to corrupt them? Is there a different way to do this that would not alter them?

Thank you.

edit for clarity: The videos play perfectly well on my PC when played from my phone while it's attached to my PC.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If the videos play fine on your phone, then the problem is obviously your PC. There are a hundred different reasons they arent playing correctly, and I dont have the time to tell you how to fix each one. The simpliest solution is to try vlc player, as it uses built in codecs instead of using those associated with Windows. This will tell us if you have a codec problem, or a software problem. Just try it and see, and report back the results.

Another reason to believe your computer has a virus or something is corrupted.

5. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Google klcodec pack, download and install. That should cure any playback issues.

inalim likes this.
  6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

No dont download that. It sounds like you already have a codec problem, and adding more codecs is not the answer. It will only make it worse.

7. julietica

julietica New Member

I can hear my evo videos once transfered to the pc

8. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

Use quicktime to watch the videos transferred from your EVO to your pc.

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You can? Then why did you resurrect this old thread?

If you meant to say can't, then you could have easily searched and found your answer, as this question has been asked at least 20 or so times.

10. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

That is the nicest answer I have came across on these forums. Really helpful.

11. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I'm just trying to help him. There was no need to resurrect this old thread to post a question that has already been asked many times before. He could have gotten an answer in about 15 seconds by searching.

12. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

Old thread are kept alive by the mods for reason, for people to find and ask relevant questions in that thread. But maybe the mods should close a thread that is over 30 days old so people dont get bothered when people find them and ask questions.