• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video QUALITY? Is there a better way?

There's already quite few threads about this issue...unfortunately there's nothing we can do until HTC releases the kernel. The guys over at xda have been working on this issue...very little success. I think its boiling down to the kernel. I contacted omnivision which is the sensor manufacturer...and said that HTC is the ones that created the software and driver and to contact them. I only did it just to see what they said.

Hi Steve,
I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues video
performance.* The HTC EVO we have here works great.* OmniVision only makes the
sensor.* HTC makes the drivers and software that run the sensor.*
Unfortunately, you will need to contact them with any issues.
Sorry, I couldn’t be more help.
Scott

Hmm now that I jus thought of it...I wonder if they developed their own driver/sofrware.

[FONT=&quot]We are using one of our employees phones he bought from Sprint. All of the drivers and software are stock and from HTC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scott[/FONT]

Guess not.

So I replied asking if they had any video samples, I got a reply almost instantly, the guy walked outside and recorded a sample. I'm uploading now and will post the vid clip. It pretty much looks the same I guess, better than my Mr. Blurry cam quality.

[FONT=&quot]We just went outside and took this simple video. Hope it helps.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Scott

EDIT: here you go

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A6Y88MV0

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Video recording outdoors (bright lighting) isnt half bad, indoor moderate to low light is pretty bad without question.

As far as settings, likely you are already aware, however just in case, the phones default setting is either qvga or vga, dont remember which. You can change it to either wvga 800x480 or 720p 1280x720.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones