Video quality on the Evo after FroyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. LouieLou74

LouieLou74 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didnt see this asked anywhere and if it has been i am sorry; i have noticed that the video quality on my Evo has gone down after the Froyo update. Is it just me? Am i imagining it? I record a 60 sec video and it skips and freezes and the sound doesnt sync up. Any thoughts? :mad:

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You are imagining it. In fact, the video quality is a bit BETTER after the froyo update.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have actually noticed the issue as well. and recorded sound is absolutely awful. I took some video of Willie Nelson in concert over the weekend that I will post up later this week. The difference in video taken at NASCAR this weekend compared to video I took release weekend at the same track is pretty obvious

4. LouieLou74

I emailed HTC to see if they can help; they tell me to uninstall every app and factory reset the phone. I back everything up and uninstall everything and reset the device........AND it STILL doesnt work. now i have to reinstall everything and setup the phone to my liking. GREEEEEEEAT!!!!

5. LouieLou74

So after all that nonsense i did some more searching and found this on the sprint website; IT ACTUALLY FIXED MY ISSUE:

Camcorder not working after 2.2 update and AFTER the factory reset didn't fix. Try this before your factory reset and after if it didn't work.

I recently updated my EVO and when I did I tried to use my camcorder at a baseball game. My phone pretty much locked up in camcorder mode. It would go black and I would have to lock the phone and unlock it, hit the home key to get out. But after that the phone was laggy, took it forever to go between cards on the home screen. Talked to sprint and they only had 1 fix which was do a factory reset on the phone. That failed and I still had the same issue. Phone would lock up when trying to record a video. Had to pull battery out and reset phone. I contacted HTC and they had no answer for it on how to fix it.

However, I have the fix for it. (Try this before your factory reset - Sprint said factory reset worked for some people but not all)

1) Restart your phone
    2) Delete all your videos on your SD Card (This sucks, I am sorry but you can copy them to your PC)
    3) Hit the home key (if your not on the home screen already)
    4) Hit the ^ key on your phone to pull all your apps
    5) Scroll down to your voice recorder and access that app
    6) Hit the record button and record something it can be anything
    7) After recording stop and delete the voice recording
    8) Go to your camcorder
    9) Record your video and it will work

It works. It sounds stupid but thats what you have to do.

Thank you j.balde88; wherever you are....

Mr. Ed likes this.
  6. GaryQ

GaryQ New Member

Thanks Louie Lou ! So far so good. My videos are not freezing or skipping anymore; thanks to your post. Strange instructions but, they work!