Video recording a lecture?

1. phanmartin

phanmartin Member

Does anyone here use their tablets to record lectures they attend?

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!
    LOL as a graduation present i bought a tablet(transformer infinity) so i never used it for recording lectures. but there are plenty of voice recorder apps out on the play store.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Depending on the length of the lecture and how much memory the tablet has, I would think that would hog up alot of memory no?
  4. phanmartin

phanmartin Member

Good points.

The lectures are 2 hours long divided into hourly sessions.

For me it would be an amazing way to review a lecture, even though the video part does not add much to the sound, it somehow it makes it much more interesting to follow when reviewing.
  5. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use "Tape-a-Talk" for all of my audio recordings. If the device has a good mic., you should get a good recording. I use this app a lot with meetings and stuff.
  6. phanmartin

phanmartin Member

Thanks for the tip on "Tape-a-Talk" but would need something to video record a lecture whilst taking notes. Any tips on that? I have officesuite6
  7. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

I would think to do so you'll want a large memory card (possibly 2 to swap in and out between the sessions) and some sort of tripod stand. You will probably want a way to plug it in. Otherwise any video recording app should be fine to record it.
  8. phanmartin

phanmartin Member

But no one here has any experience in this?
  9. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member

I would be concerned with the heat generated by the camera itself, try videoing something with your phone for a whole and see how much or heats up. Video cameras are cheap.
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I'm sure a tablet can record many of hours of video, assuming it's got enough storage and battery power(in the absence of another power source).

IMO you should be thinking about, can you hold a tablet steady for an hour at a time? Can you fasten it to a tripod, or something else that's solid?
  11. CarlosamPlus

CarlosamPlus New Member

DP digital devices It is an important part of a student's professional development to understand, recognise and respect the legal rights of others when digitally recording someone else's materials. The increased prevalence of ...
  12. phanmartin

phanmartin Member

Would be on a table attached to a keyboard.
    mikedt likes this.
  13. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

OK so you're going to have it properly set up. I envisaged you trying to hold the tablet up in your hands for an hour or so. :D
  14. lectures are just dumbed down version of your text book, unless you are one of those students who never read textbooks, I don't find any reason to video tape the lectures...?

I take photos of answers to tutorial questions that's all.