• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video Recording Choppy

I tried Mobo and MX player, same results. So no one else is having this issue when playing a 1080p video, recorded on the S3?

I am when reviewing video I took. Doesn't seem to do it every time though. It's kinda weird. I took lots of video outside at the super bike races today and lots of them are really choppy. I haven't downloaded them to my computer yet though so can't tell you if it recorded like that or if it's just the phone. It also seemed like it kept trying to focus every few seconds. I'd post the vids but I don't have those privileges yet. I am gonna take the phone in to get looked at tomorrow and hopefully get it fixed or replaced.

Upvote 0
I am when reviewing video I took. Doesn't seem to do it every time though. It's kinda weird. I took lots of video outside at the super bike races today and lots of them are really choppy. I haven't downloaded them to my computer yet though so can't tell you if it recorded like that or if it's just the phone. It also seemed like it kept trying to focus every few seconds. I'd post the vids but I don't have those privileges yet. I am gonna take the phone in to get looked at tomorrow and hopefully get it fixed or replaced.

I think it may be a software issue. I used the sd card from my Maxx and played the 1080p video taken on that phone; it ran perfect on the S3. For some reason the video recorded on the S3 is the only video I am having an issue with.

Please post an update, after you take the phone in.

Upvote 0
i think it might be an issue with internal memory. I think im gonna try getting a CLASS 10 Memory and record video to that. I think it needs that so it can read and write faster.

That wouldn't explain why the 1080p video recorded on my Maxx, using the microsd from the Maxx, runs fine on the S3, but the 1080p recorded on my S3, and saved on that same microsd, runs choppy on the S3 but fine on the Maxx. There seems to be some issue with the S3 recorded format which conflicts with playback on the S3. Doesn't make much sense, but I can't think of a better explanation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones