video recording sound

Last Updated:

1. spirit44

spirit44 Member This Topic's Starter

hi everyone

do you find that when you take videos using the Desire the sound is really poor (very low)?

initially i thought it was because i had my finger covering the mic (bottom right) but this is still an issue

has anyone else found the same issue?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Nestacres

Nestacres Active Member

Yes. I have this. i tried filming two gigs and the sound was rubbish. Seemed marginally better once loaded onto a PC though - maybe its the speaker on the desire? The sound on day to day video recording was ok though.

3. DC1

DC1 Member

Sound recording (Desire) is dreadful compared to my old C902 Sony Ericsson. I am very happy with the transition to smartphone generally, but the recording of sound means I have to go back to using a camcorder or borrowing my son's (now) C902.

The C902 could produce wonderful recordings at gigs for audio, this does better for picture, but everything is useless if you can't listen to it because of distortion. I have transferred to PC and it is still dreadful, so it isn't just the poor playback speaker - again my old phone was great for playback. I feel incredibly let down by this aspect HTC.

Surely there must be some way of adjusting the mic controls??

I SERIOUSLY hope they can do some kind of firmware change - and soon!

4. MrIzzard

MrIzzard Member

Hi there

Yeah I know, I have exactly the same issue.

I know for sure it's nothing to do with the mic (or the speaker), as both are capable of decent jobs, it's the way the sound in a video is encoded and saved.

The reason I know this is I've compared the pre-loaded sound recording app (which again, sounded rubbish), with one called HiFiCorder, and this let's you make pretty decent sounding recordings (and save as MP3 too).

So yeah, ideally I just want to get my hands on another video recorder app that lets you save the audio soundtrack part in another format.

I've tried searching and searching AM, but no joy. Anybody have any other clues?

cheers guys

DC1 likes this.
  5. maxx001

maxx001 Member

I have the exact same issue and this makes video recording on the Desire completely useless! Even in good recording conditions it's hard to hear what people are saying because of this low sound quality encoding.

6. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

Bump. Anything new on this?? ANyone can recommend me am app.

7. Bregor

Bregor New Member

Apparently, HTC Desire encodes audio as
    Format : AMR
    Format/Info : Adaptive Multi-Rate
    Format profile : Narrow band
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 12.8 Kbps
    Sampling rate : 8 000 Hz

Does anyone have any idea how to improve on that? A different codec? A non-default video recorder?

Cheers