• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video Review: Seidio Innocase and Ultimate Screen Guard for HTC Evo 4G. Pictures and Video.

You mention that you prefer protective screens that don't leave behind finger prints. Do those exist for the evo?

And good work on the review :). High quality

Haha to be honest I've never had anti-fingerprint protectors on any of my smartphones. But I've played with my friend's iphone who has the anti-fingerprint protector and it's really awesome.

Yes they exist. I believe Clarivue or something already has them. Seidio will have them later (listed as Coming Soon on seidioonline.com). Look around

Thanks for complements :)

Upvote 0
I got my Innocase today. I got the burgundy and was thinking about getting the black one when the holsters become available.

Thanks for showcasing the screen guard, I have the bodyguard but with some of the complaints I was thinking about trying one that doesn't use liquid.

I can tell you that a static-cling screen protector is much better feeling and easier to put on.

Upvote 0
Hey bud, is it a hassle to reach the volume rocker and power button on top with that case? I'm currently using the sprint htc brand one from the store as temporary case and find it's thick enough to make it annoying to hit the power button to turn on/off the screen each time. Thanks!

The case does make it slightly harder to press that a naked Evo, but its not so bad. The difference is, you can press a larger general area, but you have to press a bit harder.

Upvote 0
Nice in-depth review! I went with this exact same setup and I'm happy so far. I did the soap and soak skin thing with my old flip phone and dreaded the thought of how much time I would have to spend on my evo. I did end up with a couple of tiny dust particles under the static cling but I was hardly meticulous about the application. They are barely noticeable when the screen is off and when it's on, completely invisible.

Upvote 0
Nice in-depth review! I went with this exact same setup and I'm happy so far. I did the soap and soak skin thing with my old flip phone and dreaded the thought of how much time I would have to spend on my evo. I did end up with a couple of tiny dust particles under the static cling but I was hardly meticulous about the application. They are barely noticeable when the screen is off and when it's on, completely invisible.

Cool, just so you know, if you'd like to remove those dust particles, here's what you do.

Get scotch tape and put a piece on a corner of the protector. Lift the protector up along with the tape carefully. Use another piece of tape to remove the dust from the protector. If you've done everything right you wouldn't have needed to touch the protector with your fingers and the dust should be gone.

Reactions: weezyweazel
Upvote 0
I got the same case today through Amazon, black though, and I must say I like it.. As stated, only thing is the power button, does take a bit more to find it, but nothing bad, feels good in your hand.. No screen protector on mine, after my 30 days if the phone has no issues, then I will look into what to put on it.. Thanks for the review...

Upvote 0
I have the same setup as the review, but I also have the beltclip. It works better than others that I've used. I like that the phone faces inward, and it feels very secure. No problem walking or getting in/out of cars like with other phones and clips.

The screen guards are nice. Not hard to install but very lint/dust sensitive so get as clean surface and still air as possible when installing. Also, I installed from top to bottom which lined everything up well. Cover doesn't have a noticeable enough impact on front camera b/c camera's not that hi-rez anyway.

I don't see taking this combo off my phone because it's solid protection without adding too much bulk. There is some, but it's still very pocketable and almost iPhone-like in depth where bulk matters.

By the way, I have the black color - like it plain ans simple. Also I dropped mine while getting out of my Nissan Armada (about 4.5 ft fall). No damage to Evoo, case, or screen. Kudos to Seidio.

Upvote 0
I got the same case today through Amazon, black though, and I must say I like it.. As stated, only thing is the power button, does take a bit more to find it, but nothing bad, feels good in your hand.. No screen protector on mine, after my 30 days if the phone has no issues, then I will look into what to put on it.. Thanks for the review...

Uh oh. In my opinion a screen protector is more important than a case! 30 days is a long risk to take without a protector

Upvote 0
Im getting the white EVo 4g and I wanted to ask u abt the case. Does it scratch the sides of the phone when you put it on the phone? Im already getting the screen protector but Im not sure abt the case yet. Please shed some more insite. Thanks. add pics too if u can.

I've heard of peoplewho say It did scratchtheir evo, butI haventhad thatproblem. as long as you don't letdust or sand getin between the case and the Evo.

Reactions: taz92
Upvote 0
I got the Seidio protector cause you made it look good but......its crap. Took forever putting it on re-lifting just to get all the dust off.
I swear it feels like a thicker version of the plastic that comes on the EVO. Very cheap feeling plus the cut was horrible. just my 2cents.

It's too bad that you had trouble putting it on. I always make sure that the room is dust-free before I attempt to put it on. Another option is to turn up the hot water in the showers and put it on in the bathroom when it gets all steamy. The static cling nature of the screen protector attracts dust like a magnet so you gotta be careful about that.

As for the feel, to me it feels almost exactly the same as a SGP Steinheil crystal clear protector that I used for my Motorola Droid. Most of these "hard plastic" protectors are pretty much the same, and Steinheil is widely known to make great screen protectors.

Upvote 0
I got the Seidio protector cause you made it look good but......its crap. Took forever putting it on re-lifting just to get all the dust off.
I swear it feels like a thicker version of the plastic that comes on the EVO. Very cheap feeling plus the cut was horrible. just my 2cents.

Definitely tough to put on without getting any dust exposure. If you get a few pieces of dust on the cling-side, try using one piece of scotch tape to lift and a second piece to pull off the dust. Don't push the tape onto the cling-side too hard though, a gentle dab against the dust is all it should take.

That said, I've installed a replacement Seidio ultimate screen. Fit was fine, but the card Seidio provides and recommends to use during installation scratched the screen. Not sure I'd consider it ultimate screen protection in that case. I've had a Fullbody Films screen protector on my iPod 2G for over 2 years and not a visible scratch with heavy daily use.

I tried to give Seidio a fair chance, but the screen protector isn't good enough for me to recommend as a permanent solution.:( I'm only keeping mine until I get a Steinheil or FullbodyFilm.:)

I still have Innocase 2 replacements coming and will give my final recommend/not recommend call on them later this week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones