• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video sharing app

woozor

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
So guys n girls. Im in need of an app where me and the GF can share some videos together when were away. We use kik messenger atm but that is 10sec clips which are useless. Filekicker addon has a 10mb limit so thats useless.

Can I get some recommendations please:)

So guys n girls. Im in need of an app where me and the GF can share some videos together when were away. We use kik messenger atm but that is 10sec clips which are useless. Filekicker addon has a 10mb limit so thats useless.

Can I get some recommendations please:)

Set up a private cloud for the both of you (including your other devices, laptops, etc.) and you, and her, can download – 'share' – whatever you stick into it/upload to it, wherever you are, or she is. If you use my referral for Minus you get 11GB of storage space free. That ought to hold a couple of videos, don't you think?
Get the free Minus app from the Play Store.

FYI: of course you can stick any kind of file in your cloud, not just videos.

You can regard a private cloud like this as an invisible USB stick that both of you have with you, all the time, simultaneously, while neither of you can forget it, has to carry it, or can get it stolen.

Reactions: artbytes
Upvote 0
I gave minus and dropbox a try but takes forever to upload videos. Is there not something like an instagram equivalent for videos that can be private?

Not that I know of. And in any case it wouldn't change anything. Instagram or similar is just as dependent on max upload speeds as other (cloud) apps are. Max upload speeds are governed by your telco/provider and the capacity of their network. They are NOT governed by apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones