• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video showing PSX4Droind on X10

I have no clue mate as I don't have a wii mote to play with lol but theres is an external source option so I would thing it will work :) But if someone could get a PS3 controller to work on droid then this would be cool. although not very portable lol.
You would look somewhat stupid sitting on a trian with your X10 and a WII/PS3 controller

Upvote 0
You would look like a complete loser sitting on the bus/train/whatever with the phone on your lap and a controller in your hands!

And if you mean playing at home I think I will fire my PS3 up and play a game in HD on my big flat screen.

The more I find out about Android the more I hate my X10!!! I need to calm down about this or will end up smashing the s**t out of this pile of crap!!!

Upvote 0
if someone could get a PS3 controller to work on droid then this would be cool.

You would look somewhat stupid sitting on a trian with your X10 and a WII/PS3 controller

Thats a good point, if we can get a Wiimote to connect via Bluetooth, theoretically a PS3 controller isn't much different.

As for looking stupid... you think? I think any real gamer would be jealous that you're playing playstation/SNES while he is stuck playing Sudoku on his phone ;).

Upvote 0
i have the snesoid and gameboid myself and although x10 doesn't have multi touch you can bind keys to hardware keys like back button, volume up and down, and the camera key, which i assume is the same for psx4droid.
which means that you can get away with no multi touch and play most games if not all without a problem. with rpg games you usually only need to hold two buttons when you need your character to run anyways, don't you agree?

Upvote 0
I just installed this program too, but my sound does not run as smooth as yours. How is yours set up? We should also start compiling a list of playable psx games that dont require multi-touch...so lame that x10 dont got multi-touch but yea....so far the games i tried:

Dino Crisis: Cant shoot gun (non-playable)
Dino Crisis 2: Cant shoot gun (non-playable)
Final Fantasy VII: Can't run...(its slow gameplay walking everywhere)
Gran Turismo 2: Turning/Braking Requires letting go of gas button (challanging gameplay)

If anyone is curious of any games, I will take requests to test

Upvote 0
I just installed this program too, but my sound does not run as smooth as yours. How is yours set up? We should also start compiling a list of playable psx games that dont require multi-touch...so lame that x10 dont got multi-touch but yea....so far the games i tried:

Dino Crisis: Cant shoot gun (non-playable)
Dino Crisis 2: Cant shoot gun (non-playable)
Final Fantasy VII: Can't run...(its slow gameplay walking everywhere)
Gran Turismo 2: Turning/Braking Requires letting go of gas button (challanging gameplay)

If anyone is curious of any games, I will take requests to test

I changed the FPS to 30 and it cleared up the sound lol as for running you can set the hardware buttons ie Back, volume up/down etc to controller buttons. So I have the camrea button as X and Vol up/down as L1 R1 this helps in a lot of games.

Also I didnt download FFVII I ripped my retail disk with imgburn this work wonders.

I got Resident Evil Directors Cut working just fine but I can't get my FF8 to work I just get a blank screen lol

Upvote 0
But!

DO them dogs still scare the sh!t out a ya when they jump through the window? LMAO

That bit made an ex jump, scream and cover her face as she threw the controller away :D

Not got that far yet lol but I can confirm it still has the desiered effect when I play it on my 50" lol But the gamecube version is even more effective lol

Upvote 0
Yea I'm not so much into binding keys to outside the screen, but I did find out something interesting. While playing gran turismo and holding down the x key for gas, I tapped on the direction keys to navigate the car. The car did not turn, but the phone responded with vibration feedback. That shows me that even though i had my finger held down on the x for gas, the screen still sensed another touch on the screen.....now I wonder if multi touch is possible.......

Upvote 0
Yea I'm not so much into binding keys to outside the screen, but I did find out something interesting. While playing gran turismo and holding down the x key for gas, I tapped on the direction keys to navigate the car. The car did not turn, but the phone responded with vibration feedback. That shows me that even though i had my finger held down on the x for gas, the screen still sensed another touch on the screen.....now I wonder if multi touch is possible.......

I noticed that aswell even dose it in the other emu's lol its very interesting.

Upvote 0
Multi touch isn't really an issue, binding buttons takes like 5-10 mins tips to get used to, especially with games like ff7 you don't even notice after a while, I've finished brave fencer musashi and ff7 since getting it and it's honestly fine! If it gets a bit laggy have adw launcher and a task killer on hand, then less with the fps rate.

The only problems I've really had are with abes odyssey since you need shoulder, symbol and arrows all ready to press simultaneously a lot, but even this I'd imagine would be manageable if the mt update works!

I'm looking forward to that point in a couple of years when we can have shadow of the colossus on a ps2 emulator on the train :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones