• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video shows officer beating 66-year-old man suffering from dementia

even your source says steroids werent used in the US pre-1950s........ hard to argue with someone who agrees with me ...

The cited source doesn't say steroids were not used in the U.S. pre-1950, just the opposite.

"Testosterone propionate is mentioned in a letter to the editor of Strength and Health magazine in 1938; this is the earliest known reference to an anabolic steroid in a U.S. weightlifting or bodybuilding magazine.[8]"

Upvote 0
and having read the cited article you know what it says right?

does that article mention use of steroids in the US pre-1950........ or is it simply an article discussing steroids?

you dont know because you have no idea what the article says..... all you know is that there was an article written that mentioned steroids

so logically you have concluded that steroids were actively being used?

read further in your cited source where it discusses steroid USE in the US..... note it says in the 50s... late 50s if I recall without referrencing the wiki

please quote to me anywhere in your source where it says USE pre-1950..... you cannot......... you can cite a source that cites a source that mentioned the word steroids...... nothing about use or dates of use

all of which is neither here nor there to the topic of the discussion..... assuming we continue to stray from the real topic of the thread........ the topic of the sub-discussion is the possibility for a human to obtain a large mass without steroids....... some clown with a Ph.D. says its not....... while factual evidence indicates otherwise

now back to the original topic...... which was some cop beating some sick dude for no real reason

Upvote 0
... does that article mention use of steroids in the US pre-1950........ or is it simply an article discussing steroids?

you dont know because you have no idea what the article says..... all you know is that there was an article written that mentioned steroids ...

The cited source reference referring to the injection of testosterone propionate (a steroid) in a US mass market body building publication in 1938 gives credence that there was knowledge and use to steroids prior to 1950's.

Read the reference, I assume you are able to do a search on testosterone propionate steroids US pre-1950 to get further references.

I don't understand your continued misrepresentation and hostility to the fact that steroids were used prior to 1950's in the US.

Upvote 0
we have covered this several times already......... I have no hostility toward a specific date...... I have a hostililty toward lack of comprehension

I personally dont care if the date is 1938 or 1950..... we can use your date.... it does not nullify my point whatsoever

however if are going to argue so definitively over the date you should try to find a single source that verifies it........ your source CLEARLY states the opposite of what you are arguing in favor of

your source says the first time steroids was ever mentioned in an ARTICLE was 1938....... an article which may have said steroid use was epidimic among unicorns and leprechauns....... you cannot jump to a conclusion as to what the article said about steroids....... in fact I would argue the article might have said theres not 1 single case of steroid use in the US....... and you could not dispute that argument........ YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ARTICLE..... you only know that an article existed that had the word steroid in it........ there was also an article written in 1938 that said aliens like bowties...... is this also a proven fact?

your source also goes on to describe that post '38 steroid use was becoming popular among the russian athletes (which is what the article 99.9% most likely discussed) and throughout the 40s was widely used in russia

your source states that because of the widespread use throughout russia in the 40s the US teams decided to get on the bandwagon and start researching the issue

your source states that in the 50s drugs were designed for use in the US..... your source states that in the late 50's a drug was approved for use in the US and become standard practice

there is no logical way to read from your source and make the leap to steroid use in the US in 1938... you just cant derive that information from there...... unless youve decided not to let the facts get in the way of a good story

NONE of which has anything to do with my point...... so we will use your imaginary date which defies even your own sources

so if we work under the assumption that 1938 is when steroid use became instantly popular...... and for the sake of argument lets also assume that every living breathing soul from 1938 to the present has used steroids....... this still would not nullify my point....... you do not need steroids to achieve body mass....... history has proven time and again

I have shown pictures of people who were as large or larger than the above picture of a cop..... which were taken (even if we use 1938) a full 75 years prior to the existence of steroids.......... so my original point was that ANY person Ph.D. or otherwise who says you cannot achieve that size without the use of steroids doesnt have a clue what they are talking about...... and if there is some clown with a Ph.D. making these claims then he clearly bought his piece of paper because hes an idiot

Upvote 0
we have covered this several times already......... I have no hostility toward a specific date...... I have a hostililty toward lack of comprehension

I personally dont care if the date is 1938 or 1950..... we can use your date.... it does not nullify my point whatsoever

however if are going to argue so definitively over the date you should try to find a single source that verifies it........ your source CLEARLY states the opposite of what you are arguing in favor of

your source says the first time steroids was ever mentioned in an ARTICLE was 1938....... an article which may have said steroid use was epidimic among unicorns and leprechauns....... you cannot jump to a conclusion as to what the article said about steroids....... in fact I would argue the article might have said theres not 1 single case of steroid use in the US....... and you could not dispute that argument........ YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ARTICLE..... you only know that an article existed that had the word steroid in it........ there was also an article written in 1938 that said aliens like bowties...... is this also a proven fact?

your source also goes on to describe that post '38 steroid use was becoming popular among the russian athletes (which is what the article 99.9% most likely discussed) and throughout the 40s was widely used in russia

your source states that because of the widespread use throughout russia in the 40s the US teams decided to get on the bandwagon and start researching the issue

your source states that in the 50s drugs were designed for use in the US..... your source states that in the late 50's a drug was approved for use in the US and become standard practice

there is no logical way to read from your source and make the leap to steroid use in the US in 1938... you just cant derive that information from there...... unless youve decided not to let the facts get in the way of a good story

NONE of which has anything to do with my point...... so we will use your imaginary date which defies even your own sources

so if we work under the assumption that 1938 is when steroid use became instantly popular...... and for the sake of argument lets also assume that every living breathing soul from 1938 to the present has used steroids....... this still would not nullify my point....... you do not need steroids to achieve body mass....... history has proven time and again

I have shown pictures of people who were as large or larger than the above picture of a cop..... which were taken (even if we use 1938) a full 75 years prior to the existence of steroids.......... so my original point was that ANY person Ph.D. or otherwise who says you cannot achieve that size without the use of steroids doesnt have a clue what they are talking about...... and if there is some clown with a Ph.D. making these claims then he clearly bought his piece of paper because hes an idiot

If I recall, I posted a link to someone that actually researched and you dismissed his claim as well, so I'm not exactly sure why you're so defensive about the references that have been posted.

At this point I'd say that you were in denial, but then you'd probably insist that I provide resources from differing sources with actual video footage and some sort of genetic evidence to prove my conclusion, so I'll just post a random quote that I found interesting... "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".....
whistle.gif

Upvote 0
nvm.... like banging your head on a wall

clearly you are correct

clearly its impossible to reach that size without the use of steroids

despite the fact that I have shown you a picture taken 75 years before (your date) steroids were ever used of a man as large or larger

but I digress...... they must have had photoshop in the 1860s or something

its clearly impossible for that man to have gotten as large as he did

Upvote 0

clearly you are correct

despite the fact that I have shown you a picture taken 75 years before (your date) steroids were ever used of a man as large or larger

I still fail to see how you think this guy is proof that people can get as large as some of today's bodybuilders.

Cyrlouis.gif

I can google "Female Bodybuilder" and find SEVERAL images of women that look larger than this guy.

Here's one example....

GetAttachment3.jpg

Another example...

female_bodybuilder_weird_20100322_1822433731.jpg

And yet another one....

perfectwoman1.jpg

So if this guy is your proof that people could get "that size" without steroids, and I've already shown you THREE contemporary women that make him look like tubby McNoMuscle, what does that tell you about steroids and growth hormone use today?

Upvote 0
Below is a local officer that used to be somewhat a local celeb. I've seen studies that indicate you don't get that big on anything "natural" no matter how much you workout.

33.jpg

bodybuilding-ronnie-coleman.jpg

Cyrlouis.gif

I can google "Female Bodybuilder" and find SEVERAL images of women that look larger than this guy.

are we talking about muscle definition or body mass.......... strawman much?

you posted a pic of a cop with the statement that nobody can get that big without steroids..... (or a bulletproof vest under his uniform for that matter)....... then you made a statement in support of it that your Ph.D. buddy has written several papers after spending his life studying the issue and supporst the theory that its impossible to get this big without steroids

then I posted a link to a picture of a guy which counters your theory.... based on the picture of the cop which you used as your example of an impossible feat

so lets strawman a bit and post pictures of females who clearly have abused some type of drug to achieve their size..... DOH

I would never argue that nobody uses steroids...... its true that many if not most or all of todays body builders do use steroids.... and we can probably find thousands of pictures of people who have used steroids

what we are discussing here is you and your Ph.D. buddy's belief that its impossible to "get that big on anything natural" as referrenced to the picture of the cop above........ which is patently false

it is NOT true that you cannot achieve a large body mass without them..... as you see in the picture above of the worlds strongest man........ who has a very large body mass and never took steroids........ no he doesnt have bulging muscle definition (called muscle tone) ........ neither does barry bonds

please pick an argument and stick with it..... you cant just bounce around from strawman to strawman and expect to be taken seriously

interestingy enough..... and mind you I just took a cursory glance due to time this morning........ but your link seems to point to a site which describes how you can indeed (given the correct predisposition) obtain this size naturally........ and how to compete on the levels of steroid users naturally....... does not say its impossible

Upvote 0
are we talking about muscle definition or body mass.......... strawman much?

you posted a pic of a cop with the statement that nobody can get that big without steroids..... (or a bulletproof vest under his uniform for that matter)....... then you made a statement in support of it that your Ph.D. buddy has written several papers after spending his life studying the issue and supporst the theory that its impossible to get this big without steroids

then I posted a link to a picture of a guy which counters your theory.... based on the picture of the cop which you used as your example of an impossible feat

so lets strawman a bit and post pictures of females who clearly have abused some type of drug to achieve their size..... DOH

I would never argue that nobody uses steroids...... its true that many if not most or all of todays body builders do use steroids.... and we can probably find thousands of pictures of people who have used steroids

what we are discussing here is you and your Ph.D. buddy's belief that its impossible to "get that big on anything natural" as referrenced to the picture of the cop above........ which is patently false

it is NOT true that you cannot achieve a large body mass without them..... as you see in the picture above of the worlds strongest man........ who has a very large body mass and never took steroids........ no he doesnt have bulging muscle definition (called muscle tone) ........ neither does barry bonds

please pick an argument and stick with it..... you cant just bounce around from strawman to strawman and expect to be taken seriously

interestingy enough..... and mind you I just took a cursory glance due to time this morning........ but your link seems to point to a site which describes how you can indeed (given the correct predisposition) obtain this size naturally........ and how to compete on the levels of steroid users naturally....... does not say its impossible

Now who's bouncing around? The study conducted by the link I posted said "most natural body builders don't realize such growth or size". Although, I am still going to contend that it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to get to that size without introducing some artificial growth hormone to one's body. Feel free to believe whatever suits you. I for one have no problem believing that people are going to seek out a competitive edge whether it's legal or not if they can reach their goals. I am guessing you also believe that professional wrestling is real?

Upvote 0
and again I will point out your words "most" and "highly unlikely" are far different from impossible and none

I have already said that I would agree.... you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the field of body building who doesnt use...... but again hard pressed is not "impossible" and most is not all

so if most is not all that means there are some who can do it without steroids.......... which means you are absolutely wrong .... in your own words

Upvote 0
you have the most wonderful sources for information......... isnt this like asking a crackhead if drugs make life more enjoyable

of course bodybuilders who openly use steroids are going to defend the use of steroids.... more rocket science

btw..... the guy expected to win this years Mr Olympia........... the same guy who won 6 years ago..... kind of blows their 5 year plan out the window

Upvote 0
you have the most wonderful sources for information......... isnt this like asking a crackhead if drugs make life more enjoyable

of course bodybuilders who openly use steroids are going to defend the use of steroids.... more rocket science

btw..... the guy expected to win this years Mr Olympia........... the same guy who won 6 years ago..... kind of blows their 5 year plan out the window

CoolStory/SourcesBro.jpg.......

Upvote 0

clearly you are correct

I didn't even address the flaw in your logic. The fact that you think steroids had to be isolated before anyone started using them is flawed. It's like me saying that no one used oxygen before it was isolated and identified. I'm sure some people used a growth hormone and just didn't realize that's what they were using.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones