1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Video streaming on Android phone - Is it slow?Support

1. otvoh

otvoh New Member

Hi everyone! I'm considering getting an Android Phone (I've never had a smart phone before) and cancelling my home internet to save money by paying only one bill for both phone and internet.

But I'm wondering if I will be able to watch streamed videos (like TV shows, movies, YouTube videos) from my Android phone? Or will it be too slow?

I'm not sure if the type of Android phone matters, but I might be getting the Kyocera Rise.

Thank you! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. DannySihapanya

DannySihapanya Well-Known Member

Running on sprints network? You will bet its slow. If you live next to a tower then..... youll do fine sorta. I would keep your home internet if i was you.
  3. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

You could watch it maybe but, long waits will happen, and connection my timeout every once and awhile.
  4. joshua8790

joshua8790 Well-Known Member

You'd be better off keeping your home internet and dropping your TV. Everything can be streamed now, but you cannot stream on Sprints network without it being either very low quality or buffering alot.

You would also have to stay under 2.5GB, unless you get the Evo V, which has no limit.