Video Text Friendly Roms??? Help

Last Updated:

1. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have tried a lot of roms and end up always going back to xtrrom. The main problem for me on most roms (kaos, celb, tazz, tainted tenzo, etc...) is that they will not play video texts. they only show the first frame. This is a deal breaker for me. What if any advice do you all have? Has anyone found a workaround?

Advertisement
  2. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

Nonsensikal 8.2 is playing for me. I just made a 10 second video then sent it to myself (deleted it before the message got to me just to make sure it wasn't somehow pulling data from the original file)

3. nathanirwin311

Tried that rom too and it didn't work for me. Maybe it is because the texts are coming from my wife's env3? I can't see the via on any froyo rom I've tried or any that did not use the htc messaging app for that matter. What the crap?

4. nathanirwin311

seriously.... nobody. the new tt 2.1 v12 released last night does play 3gp files but i still haven't found a froyo rom that does. anybody???

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'd say that if this issue were so important to you, that should be enough to let you choose the ROM that works for you. I'm just curious - is there something about Froyo that you prefer that is equally important to you? If it's just to have the latest and greatest, I think you're making a mistake; IMHO, Froyo isn't *that* much better than Eclair.

6. nathanirwin311

I am happy with xtr which works and taintedtenzo too. I just like to play around and try new roms. I hate that I can't use any of the froyo roms because of the 3gp thing. I know that froyo isn't a huge difference. I thought that this might be an issue for others and maybe there was a workaround or something. I haven't seen it mentioned much.