• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video thumnails in gallery (blank!)

I've put a bunch of videos on my phone for my daughter (gotta keep toddlers happy when they're waiting!) but the thumbnails for all but one in the gallery are blank. Is there any way to force them to pick up a thumbnail or to change the view in gallery to a list?

I know I can just make a shortcut to the folder the videos are in for her, but the OCD in me just hates those blank thumbnails in the gallery.

I've put a bunch of videos on my phone for my daughter (gotta keep toddlers happy when they're waiting!) but the thumbnails for all but one in the gallery are blank. Is there any way to force them to pick up a thumbnail or to change the view in gallery to a list?

I know I can just make a shortcut to the folder the videos are in for her, but the OCD in me just hates those blank thumbnails in the gallery.

I had the same problem so I switched to mVideoPlayer from the Market.

It lists movies with name and thumbnail at the same time so it's much, much easier. Plus, you can put a shortcut on your phone so it's just one click.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones